Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

It's been more than 5 months, where is the fix to this problem!?! This is ridiculous. I guess I will sell these headphones to someone that doesn't care about the noise cancellation. I bought these specifically for the noise cancellation and it's basically non existent, no better than my cheap $50 headphones from Amazon. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN BOSE!!! Will NEVER make the mistake of buying anything Bose ever again!! 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I'm not sure whether this is related to the firmware update, but for the last 3 or 4 days, my headphones have been stuttering.  I've disconnected, deleted the connection, re-connected.  Works okay for about 5 or 6 minutes, then starts stuttering again.  And as others have observed, the noise cancellation is much worse than it used to be.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Received my 2 QC35 ii replacements  Triple Midnight  last week and both came with firmware 3.1.7. The ANC right off wasn't working as it used to. Updated both to 4.5.2 in the hopes that it will fix the problem; made it worse. Re-sent them back for replacement and was advised this time to not update by their customer service when I receive the new replacements.

For us who love the previous ANC, the new NC700 should be an option for the exchange since the QC 35 ii seem whack. Until they fix the firmware problem, we should have this option.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

I didn't update to 4.5.2 when it was released because I read about the issue. I uninstalled the Bose app and waited for a fix. But you know the story...

Now Google Assistant on Android is showing a notification with an "Update" Action. I'm not sure if it'll actually roll out the update or just open the Bose app page in the app store. I obviously don't want to try it and disabled Google Assistant for the headphones.

https://imgur.com/a/tCuW0lC

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

I have the same issue ! I regret I didn't read about this before doing the update.

If you are not planning to fix this, please at least give your clients the ability to rollback the update.

We will really appreciate it ! Even if that is a factory reset. I had version 2.x and I really prefer that one that the 4.5.2 !!

The noise cancelling in low now is the same as high. And that never happened before !!

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I unfortunately got tricked by this Google Assistant notification and indeed updated it. Now I'm on 4.5.2 and I am furious.

Isn't it sad that we have 232 pages of replies to this issue and not one fix or response? This will definitely be the last Bose item I purchase. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

I also get the Google Assistant update notification. (it can be separately deactivated in notification settings, no need to uninstall Google Assistant altogether!)

What do you mean when you say "you got tricked into updating to 4.5.2" ?

Just clicking on the update button from the Google Assistant notification alone doesn't update them in my case

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I got the notification from Google Assistant to update my headphones and it seemed to me, since it's coming from the Assistant, that the update would be on the Assistant. Possibly to improve the way Assistant delivers notifications to me. So when I agreed to update it from that notification, I later opened my Bose Connect app and saw that my product was up to date. Previously the Connect app would always show a persistent banner message telling me to update my product for the firmware. That message is now gone and when I look at my product firmware I'm at 4.5.2. FML.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

wow thats so pathetic from bose to not care at all

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hello everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone who participated in this discussion. I just posted a summary of the investigation we did on the reports here and encourage everyone to read it. It's a full summary of everything that was done and I hope you appreciate it.

Afterwards, you can participate in a discussion around the report at this thread.

Once again, thank you to all our community members who helped us by providing detailed reports of their experiences with firmware 4.5.2.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.