Nooktropics
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Charlotte_G wrote:
  • Could you please test your Noise-cancelling whilst your headphones are not connected to a device.
  • Also, please test in different environments, for example, outside in a noisy environment and in a quieter environment such as your home. 

I have tested the Noise-cancelling while not connected to a device (i.e. unpaired all devices, turned headphones off an on again) - ANC still not working as expected.

I tested this morning on my commute (very noisy) and am currently testing in the open office (moderate noise) - ANC performance is the same in both environments, only blocking around 30-40% of background noise.

Hello Nooktropics,

Thanks for posting in the community and providing more information. Have you tried doing the manual update suggested above?

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

dbd13131dc68cb5686a1313394521318.png

Both edge browser & chrome.

App Version 8.1 @Zoe_C 

Hello Fulton1, 

Okay, just to confirm are you using the downloaded version of the updater? If so could you check to make sure it is on the latest versions by removing it and then redownloading it again.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Nooktropics
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

@Zoe_C wrote:

Have you tried doing the manual update suggested above?

Yes I tried this yesterday, the result was the same for me...

1. Initiated the update via Chrome
  2. Web updater indicated that my FW wasn't the latest despite having done the update via the app already.
  3. Pushed the manual update via the web updater
  4. Web updater now shows I'm on the latest version (4.5.2).

The issue remains the same.

EDIT - Tried this again this morning, uninstalled the Bose Updater and reinstalled this morning. The version number on the Bose Updater is the same (pic attached) and btu.bose.com still shows 4.5.2 as the installed version of FW on my headphones.Bose Updater.png

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I am using the downloaded version yes- i just uninstalled the bose updater program and redownloading it- nothing different.

Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi Zoe
I still have the same issue/problem.
Tried the manual update, it showed that i was running om firmware 2.0 something, even though the app says im on 4.5.2.
I did the update and i still have the same issue.
(My device is from september 2017) maybe that has something to do with this issue?

The ANC is still the same on high and low, maybe a slightly difference but nothing like it was before.
Ive been using my headphones just before update and i noticed a big difference as soon as i turned on the headphones.
Ive been trying it on all type of rooms and places. I use my headphones every day so i know when there is a difference.

Best regards
williammuff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

ANC High was broken with this update. I literally just got these headphones yesterday; post the update there is no difference between High/Low modes. Made this account just so I could report this. 

Bose seems to be going downhill; i returned the freesport wireless because of the terrible audio lag (internet has lots of information on this); then a firmware update completely break's the only justification for paying 300+ for these headphones. 

Please fix this!

schneider.385
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

I also joined this forum to report the same issue that the others are having. I followed the procedure to download and update via the Bose Updater on my computer and also saw the 2.x.x version showed up on the computer while the app showed 4.5.2.

One interesting thing to note - I did see that the andoid phone app failed to complete the update to 4.5.2 and gave some sort of error that I couldn't read completely because it reconnected to the device before I could read it all. It seems that the update to 4.5.2 is failing and reverting to some base firmware. Just speculation and I wish I could have made a screen shot of the error.

PhilW1984
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Yep, same drill on my new QC35 II. Updated via the app and now the noise cancelling on High isn't working the same. Downlaoded the updater and updated via the app, same drill - noise cancelling still broken.