Highlighted
kipshu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Bose QC 35 ii high pitched soft beeps at left side when turn on

I've noticed that when I turn my headphones on (on highest noise cancellation setting, without music), I hear a soft high beep only at the left side. This beep isn't continuous, it has a pattern; 6 sec beep, 1 sec nothing, 6 sec beep, 1 sec nothing etc.. This lasts about 1 minute.

It doesn't matter if the headphones is paired or not.

Is this common? Or am I the only one with this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC 35 ii high pitched soft beeps at left side when turn on

Hi Kipshu, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some beeping from your left audio channel. I can confirm that this is not a normal procedure for the QC35 II headphones so I would like to look into this with you. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

Do let us know if this shows any sign of improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
kipshu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii high pitched soft beeps at left side when turn on

Hi Tegan,

I waited a while to response, because I wanted to test something first. In the earlier post I said that it also occurs when connected to a device. But I noticed that sometimes, when I hear the specific sound that the headphones are connected to a device, the beeps are gone.

So what struck me is that when I'm connected to two devices, the beeps are gone. It's like the Bose headphones are searching for a device to connect with within the first minute after turning the headphones on.

Anyway, I also followed your instructions and did the reset and checked the firmware update. This didn't change anything for the beeps.
It's not necessary for me to put too much effort into it. Because again, it are really soft beeps, and it stops after one minute, so it's not too annoying. I mainly was wondering if this is a known issue and if there was a fix.

Thank you for the response,
Kind regards,
kipshu