Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Bose QC 35 ii keep disconnecting after a while on Windows 10

Hi,

I've been having trouble lately with my head-phones. I'm on Windows 10 and when I connect my head-phones I can see in the right side bar of notifications, at the bluetooth button that my head-phones are connected but the button flickers (jump from my head-phones name and the text "Connected (2)"). After about 10-15 mins the head-phones are disconnected automatically and then it tries to reconnect again but won't succeed until I turn off and on the laptop's bluetooth.

I'm on Windows 10 Home 1903, OS build 18362.592. The machine is Acer Predator G3-571.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC 35 ii keep disconnecting after a while on Windows 10

Author Accepted Answer selected by GadWissberg

Hi GadWissberg, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties maintaining a connection between your QC35 II and your Windows10 laptop. I will do my best to help you! 

I would first recommend that you clear the pairing list on the headphones and delete the pairing on your laptop. We can then start a brand new connection. I have included the LINK HERE with the instructions on how to do this. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by GadWissberg

Hi GadWissberg, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties maintaining a connection between your QC35 II and your Windows10 laptop. I will do my best to help you! 

I would first recommend that you clear the pairing list on the headphones and delete the pairing on your laptop. We can then start a brand new connection. I have included the LINK HERE with the instructions on how to do this. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Works, thanks!

Highlighted

Hello GadWissberg, 

Thanks so much for getting back to us. I am so glad that Jessie O's steps worked. 

Please can you mark her answer as the 'Accepted Solution' so that others can find the solution easier? 

Do let us know if you need anything in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Hi,

I have the same issue, I will try this solution and will also try to report if that helped.

I have both Bose QC 35 II (brand new, about 2 weeks old) and Sony WH-1000xm3.

After Bose kept disconnecting I tried the Sony and they worked fine. This lead me to believe that the problem is with the Bose headphones and not with the computer. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

I'm sorry to say that clearing the paired devices from my headphones didn't help.

The headphones got disconnected after several minutes of me playing music in my Windows 10 machine.

As I said before, my Sony headphones works great with this machine.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Seems like I have a workaround, I turned off the standby timer (set to Never) and this solved the issue.

This is super strange and sounds like a huge bug in Bose headphones.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 6, 2020

Hi!
I have the same problem, my headphones (QC35II) reset the connection with the computer (windows 10) more or less every 6 minutes. I hear in my headphones information about the battery level, and then connection breaks and the voice in the headphones says: "connecting to [device name], connecting to [device name], device not found... connected to [device name]". So it disconnects and connects again, over and over. Very annoying 😞

Also, after every reset of the connection with headphones, windows changes a volume level, every time to the same value (45-ish).

It all started today, after a few months of flawless work.

I tried all the solutions mentioned in the thread, but nothing worked.

Please help!

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

If you haven't already, please try the aforementioned instructions posted by Jessie_O.

I would also suggest checking to ensure your firmware is fully up to date. You can do this by visiting this link on a computer.

Another suggestion would be to restart the computer if you keep it permanently on or on standby when not in use. 

If the problem persists, please reach out to local support here.

Thanks! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Hi all,

After weeks investigating, testing, attempts at fixing... I come to the community.

Problem : I am having a very bad user experience with my bluetooth headphone (BOSE QC35 II which is working fine with my personal MAC) while working on my windows 10 laptop.

* Listening to music is fine during hours.

* When entering ANY webconf tools (teams, meet, workplace...), after 20/40 min, the connection will drop and I will need to restart the headphone, and go back to sound setting in the webconf tool (switch from Stereo sound device to Handfree headset)

Note : 

* headphones are working perfectly with my mac, my android phone...

* drivers / firmwares are up to date (windows and qc35 II, even tried the recent downgrade)

* i unauthorized windows to turn off the bluetooth device

My guess is that it has to do with the fact that headphone, while listening to music, are considered as Stereo headphone, not considering the input mic.

When a conference starts, be it teams, or meet, or workplace... the audio settings switch to Handfree Headset... and there will start the problems every 20 to 45 minutes...

Anyone having this problem ? anyone succeeded in solving this problem ?

Cheers

Yann