JumboShrimp
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii keep disconnecting after a while on Windows 10

"Seems like I have a workaround, I turned off the standby timer (set to Never) and this solved the issue."

Where was the standby time setting?

macmel
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

You can see it from the Bose Connect App on your phone and then go to settings. Hope that helps.

jteemu
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Hi all,

I'm creating a new thread around this topic, because apparently it is a common problem and the recommended solutions in the previous threads have not worked. 

I've had my Quietcomfort 35ii for two years now and I've been very pleased with the product and legitimately thought they have been my best headphone purchase. I couldn't be happier on the features and sound quality so it pains me to have this problem.

Around ~6months ago things started to go bad with the constant disconnect issue. I've connected my headphones to two different devices: Apple Ipad Pro & Samsung S10e. What constantly happens is that every ~10~20min or so the headphones disconnected from either of the devices in the middle of usage. Out of nowhere the headphones state the battery percentage & the devices it is connected to (Ipad Pro & S10e). It takes around 30s-1min to reconnect. This is very annoying especially when having remote calls for work, which we all have a lot. In a one minute period a lot of crucial information is lost. This is unacceptable.

What I've noticed is that the main variable is that the disconnect issue happens when my headphones are near both of the devices!

I've applied all the solution proposals from this thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-ii-keep-disconnecting-after-a-whil...

They solution proposals include the following:

- Clearing the connections list from the Bose app 

- Creating a new connection from the devices to the headphones

- Re-installing the Bose app in both devices

- Updating to the latest firmware 4.5.2

- Degrading the firmware to the second latest version

- Changing the standby timer to all different settings from 5mins to never

I've repeated all the above steps without any success.

In my opinion I have tried all the different proposed solutions, but none have had any effect. This bug seriously affects my usage (and many other users). Many times I need both devices (Ipad Pro & Samsung S10e) in my work making the headphones effectively useless as the disconnects happen in constant fashion. Please take this bug into closer scrutiny as it has been long overdue now. 

Br,

Teemu

eroseland
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

I agree, Bose needs to start responding to this issue. It is clearly widespread and the solutions that have been floated clearly don't work (at least not for everyone).

I've seen these disconnects far more frequently - around 1-5 minutes. I've completely abandoned using my headset for communications because it's far too disruptive.

For me, I can completely clear my list, forget the headphones on every device, and just connect to a single device (doesn't matter which) and it will still disconnect frequently. If the issue is other bluetooth signals in the area, well I use bluetooth everywhere - communication headset, keyboards, mice, etc. I can't disable it just so the headphones will work.

I'm already on the latest firmware (which may be part of the problem) but I understand that downgrading firmware is unsupported and has a lot of risk.

These headphones are all but useless at this point and I've only had them for a little over a year. Unless Bose starts acting to solve this problem with a new firmware or something, I am most certainly never going to consider another Bose product again.

amkhullar
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

This solved the problem but is not the correct solution since if we set standby to Never it consumes battery a lot.

Another issue , if i have standby set to 10 min and after stipulated time if ur in a call and listening to some one  on call or music it goes to standby then also and disconnects the headset.

BsTMaX
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Hello Bose friends.

I must tell you that I have the same problem when I use my Bose QC 35ii, connected to an 6th gen Ipad with iPad OS and my Lenovo T490 laptop with Windows 10 EE.

Please help me with this. It is really annoying when I am in a conference call. 

Yesterday I decided to use my new pair of Harman Kardon Fly ANC and this disconnections ends.

I bought my Bose QC35II thinking in all those wonderful specs everybody talks about. 

Regards 

birdyj
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

I'm having the exact same problem as all the other users. Bose - please do something about this. This product is not usable with this issue. What's the point of good sound if it cuts off.

I have already tried:

-Clearing the list of devices

-updating to latest firmware

-setting standby time to "never" and 3 hrs.

bommen
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

I have the same issue, and Bose is replacing my headset, even though the warranty had expired by a few weeks. It's worth a try to contact them.

jteemu
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

I'm very disappointed that this issue has not been properly addressed. It's evident that many different users are facing the same problem as we can see from the replies. This disconnect issue has not been taken into proper examination from Bose development and that is very frustration.

A solution does not exist to the problem in this thread! The moderators should change the thread from solved to work in progress.The otherwise great product is now faulty making the use almost unbearable. Hopefully Bose will take care of their customers better in the future. 

-Teemu

Edojan
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Bose's tech support team seems to be in a habit of marking active issues as "solved". This is clearly not solved as your pseudo solution is bogus. Now, please get your acts together and report this as a bug to your devs team and worry less if this would make them unhappy.