Bose QC 35 ii keep skipping!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose QC 35 ii keep skipping!!

A month ago, I got bose wireless over the ear headphones (a friend told me bose was the best brand....) 2 weeks later those headphones started skipping during songs constantly, I was about to lose it! I thought I got a defective pair so I returned it and upgraded to the QC 35 ii. Keep in mind these headphones are almost $400. Not cheap headphones! It was amazing the first 2 and half weeks. Now here we are again...these headphones keep skipping during songs!! So either various best buy stores in new york all have defective headphones or bose is a brand that just has something seriously wrong with their headphones?? I would like to know why such an expensive pair of headphones can not serve their main purpose which is to PLAY MUSIC.
13 REPLIES

Re: Bose QC 35 ii keep skipping!!

Hi rbaydoun123,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. Could I ask have you tried, clearing and re-pairing the headphones?

To clear devices previously paired with the headset, follow these steps:

• Turn the headset on
  • Slide and hold the power switch to the right toward the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds.
  • If voice prompts are enabled, "Bluetooth device list cleared"
  • Once cleared, the headset returns to discoverable mode (flashing blue Bluetooth LED

I would also suggest possibly trying the headphones on another device for troubleshooting?

Please come back and let us know if that helped.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hello Tony,
I am not sure what is going on at this point. I tried clearing previous devices paired with my headphones and it still kept skipping. I went to the bose store and they took my pair and gave me a new one and this one skips even MORE. I tried it on my friends phone (who also has an android) and it was skipping on her phone. I tried my old pair of beats on my phone and those worked fine. I don't know if it's that this device doesnt work with Samsung Galaxies or what but this is exhausting. I really wanted these to work cause the noise cancellation is excellent but I cant deal with headphones that skip during songs so consistently!

Hi rbaydoun123,

Thanks for the update. From what I can gather so far we know,

• That your headset skips on your Samsung phone.
  • You exchanged your headphones and the same thing is occurring
  • You tried the headset on another mobile phone, and its also occurring on that phone.
  • A different headset works with your phone without issue.

The only other things I can think to ask to try and narrow down this issue is,

• What apps are you using to play music? Does it work for phone calls?
  • The old pair of headphones that you tried, were they BlueTooth or wired?
  • Could you try and replicate these issues while connected via the AUX cable?

I am sorry to ask so many questions, it's just that this is so unusual that I would like to narrow the scope of where the fault may lie.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

I found this post because I can't find where to submit an RMA for my QC 35 II are doing the same thing. 

restarting, repairing, ensuring firmware is up to date doesn't help.

How can we submit an RMA request online?

Hi yesthatallen,

Thanks for posting. I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G 

Quiet Contributor

Hi,
Is there a way I can hop on the phone with you?
Quiet Contributor

Also just an FYI to anyone having the same issue,
I just tried it with the AUX cord and there is no skipping. However, trying to play music through bluetooth...still constant skipping.
Silent Starter

Was this ever resolved? I have a pair of Quiet comfort II limited edition, have had for about a month or so and today randomly it started skipping during songs (like scratched CD). Tried re pairing and still does it. I'm using Spotify on my Pixel 3 FYI
Quiet Contributor

Hi, it was not resolved. I kept having the issue and bose employees gave me a million reasons for why it was skipping but no one could resolve the issue. So I switched to sony wh-1000xm3 and I havent experienced any issues in the past month that I've had it. Way better headphones in my opinion, for many reasons. Good luck.