Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii keep skipping!!

Yes, same deal here, just wanted to post in case someone is looking for issues prior to buying.  As in post below, I plugged in the aux cord, that is the wired connection, to use in conjunction with the switch for ANC 'on.'   Obviously this is not ideal as we were all hoping to have wireless connection and sound cancellation.  So, while I'm bummed, at least I'm not totally at a loss.  So, I'll be somewhat content to play podcasts and audio books wirelessly and have to deal with plugged in connection when listening to Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.

rbaydoun123@hotmail.com wrote:
A month ago, I got bose wireless over the ear headphones (a friend told me bose was the best brand....) 2 weeks later those headphones started skipping during songs constantly, I was about to lose it! I thought I got a defective pair so I returned it and upgraded to the QC 35 ii. Keep in mind these headphones are almost $400. Not cheap headphones! It was amazing the first 2 and half weeks. Now here we are again...these headphones keep skipping during songs!! So either various best buy stores in new york all have defective headphones or bose is a brand that just has something seriously wrong with their headphones?? I would like to know why such an expensive pair of headphones can not serve their main purpose which is to PLAY MUSIC.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

This may relate: I had a skipping issue when connected to my PC.  I found that the PC speakers were not skipping when the Bose QC35 ii was off, but the Bose skipped when on and connected to the PC.  The headsets were also linked to my phone (android) and the phone's bluetooth was enabled. I shut the phone's bluetooth off and the Bose skip stopped.  I reenabled the phone's Bluetooth and the skip resumed.
I don't know if this will help, but my experience is that the headsets check its connection with both connected devices, as long as both are enabled.  This "connection test" may be the cause of, at least, my problem.  And, hopefully, yours.  Good luck

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Aloha!  I've been using Bose for quite a while. I "rigged" my QC-25's with cheapo Chinese BT (receiver on the headphones transmitter on the 3.5mm plug in the airplane seat) both cost me $3 for the pair!! Worked like a CHARM! I went ahead and bought the QC35II and MAN WAS I DISAPPOINTED! Skipping was horrendous. So I connected my cheapo Chinese BT receiver to the headphone cable and they worked FLAWLESSLY. I think Bose should recall these add put a better (or even a cheap Chinese BT hardware and firmware) BT module in them. Hopefully, they can figure it out in firmware... I was REALLY tempted to go Sony, but Bose set the standard in the past and I went with that. I would TOTALLY be interested in beta testing firmware to fix this. Looking at how long this has gone on, it's got to be hurting brand recognition.                                                                                   

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

I do have the same problem with the Bose QC 35 II. It started with the disconnect probably every 20 min, now it disconnects every 10 mins. This makes it really difficult when I make phone calls as I have to tell people to wait a couple of minutes until the headphones connect back. 

It is a shame because when I got them in the beginning, I loved them so much and I did recommend to three of my friends and they went and bought them and now they are blaming me for the issues they are having. 

I tried all the solutions that are in this forum and nothing worked. 

How is it possible that Bose doesn't even do anything about it. This is not an isolated issue - all these people here have this problem, and I can only imagine how many people out there are that didn't come here to write about it. 

I just hope that Bose will own this as an issue and either fix it or try to do something about it. 

After all, they are not $20 headphones, I got them around $400. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

had the same problem.  Skipped when Bose and Logitech mouse were connected at the same time. Ended when I updated bose qc35ii firmware. which I went through hell in a handbag before I found that an upgrade was available!!  I'm a registered user.  Why the hell doesn't Bose notify me?  Or you, for that matter.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Same problem here. It only started a few days ago fir me, but it disconnects and connects again causing the skip. It doesn’t matter what device. I have done all the updates, reset (what a joke btw), and nothing. Very disappointed. I hope someone finds a solution.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

Just bought a pair two days ago and now I’m having the same issue. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

What solved the issue for me:

1. Do a full reset of your earphones (BOSE could definitely made this easier).
  2. Remove all Bluetooth connections from all devices.
  3. Reconnect Bluetooth and make sure to also manually connect to the LE version on all your devices. (The problem got solved when I did this on my iMac and iPad, but did it on Windows 10 for good measure).

All working now, and I can repeat it the error by removing LE connections to the device. In essence you have to make two Bluetooth connections on your affected devices the normal one, and then manually connect the LE version.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Clearly this item is not closed.

The suggested solution only works when using the headphones with devices that support,  and have a UI for configuring, Bluetooth low energy (LE).

I have a very recent Xiaomi phone and I can't get this to work.

As another person said I could buy a $4 Bluetooth adapter that would work better than this $400 brick.