Bose QC 35 right ear goes in and out

Bose product name

QC-35

Country

United States

Firmware Version

App Version

unknown

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
iPhone 8, macbook air, windows pc

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Sometimes a slight bump will cause the right ear to stop playing sound. I can often get it to temporarily fix itself by giving it a couple of soft taps.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Any environment.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Only in the past week or so.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I've turned them off and on again, recharged them fully, tried with multiple devices.

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose QC 35 right ear goes in and out

Hey @kevinyanofsky, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing some audio issues with your QC35's. 

As you're able to resolve the issue with a few taps, I'm inclined to believe that the issue could be with the wiring inside of the earcup. Before assuming this, let's do some testing to see if we can get this resolved.

Are you able to test the headphones when using the AUX cable?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kevinyanofsky
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2021

I can reproduce the issue the same with the AUX cable plugged in or not.

Charlotte_G

@kevinyanofsky Thanks for confirming! As the issue seems to physically be with the earcup, and not a connection type issue, I'd have to recommend that you explore the service options available. You can do this by contacting local support or using the self-service portal under the Support section on our official website. (Subject to availability by country) Global Contact Us > Select country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!