Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

Bose QC 35 volume low on Windows 10

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose QC 35 11 Headphones

USA

New Windows 10 Dell Computer

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

At home, quiet environment. The volume is less than half what a wired set is.

Issue was there when I set them up

I have tried reinstalling the driver to the latest, think it's a Microsoft one.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose QC 35 volume low on Windows 10

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

To be clear, the Bluetooth audio is far quieter than it is when using a cabled connection? Does this occur when you connect your headphones to alternate devices so we can see if this is an isolated issue to your laptop?

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 volume low on Windows 10

@vbausellI have a Dell laptop and desktop.  Keep in mind that there are various ways to increase the volume on a Dell machine.  There are the standard ways that are supplied by Windows 10, through possibly the bluetooth service applications, and Dell also provide third party audio based applications that can impact the volume.  On my machine(s), they during preparation for shipment, they pre-installed an application called, "Waves MaxAudioPro".  This application is responsible for example for the 'popup' you see whenever you connect and external device like a QC35 (i.e., the thing that asks if you are using a headset with mic).  This application can also impact your volume.