Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

Bose QC 35 won't play all downloaded music on Pixel 3

Recently my Bose QC 35 Headphones will not play all the downloaded music on my Pixel 3.  I have run all the updates for the headphones, and the phone.  It's quite odd, because some of the music albums work just fine, and others appear to be playing, but no sound in the headphones.  I have connected another bluetooth speaker to try to isolate the problem, (Fugoo bluetooth speaker works perfectly), and it appears the problem is the Bose Headphones.

I have uninstalled the bluetooth connection for the Bose headphones, and reinstalled, but nothing seems to be working.

Very frustrating.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC 35 won't play all downloaded music on Pixel 3

Hello KBoc, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! Sorry to read that you are experiencing this strange issue with your headset, let's look into this further.

Firstly, I would like for you to test a different streaming platform/service so we can ensure that the issue is not with the device. If the albums were downloaded online it may be that some of the audio files are not correctly playing. 

I would also recommend that we perform a standard reset on the headset by following these steps below: 

• Power off your product
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  • Wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  • Wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

Update to my earlier message.  The music also plays just fine in the car with Bluetooth......everything but the Bose QC 35 Headphones.

I've come to the conclusion, that it is a Bose problem with Bluetooth.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

I did the steps as directed, and it didn't make any difference.  Still lets some music files through and not others.  And again, it works perfectly on the Fugoo Bluetooth speaker, and my car Bluetooth system.

Just not with the Bose Headphones????  

Also tried the Headphones on Amazon Music, and they seem to work just fine.  Doesn't seem to like music that is stored on the phone, and played with Google Play Music.

Highlighted

Thank you for the update KBoc.

It is strange that the issue seems to be limited to certain stored music on your phone. Is it always the same files that will not play? If so have you ever been able to play that music through the headphones?

If it is always the same music that will not play, it would be useful to know what type of file it is (.mp3, .WAV, etc) and where they were downloaded from originally.

Do you have another Bluetooth device that you could transfer the files to and see if you can play them from there? If we could put the same files on another phone, tablet or computer it would be useful to know whether they could then be played through the headphones.

Let me know as I'd love to get to the bottom of this with you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

They did work at one time.  Yes, its the same files each time.  They are files created from CD's we own, and downloaded to the phone.  MP3 I believe.

I just can't come up with anything that is headphone specific, but yet the music plays perfectly through the other devices?? 

Wonder if it was pairing a Kindle that might have had something to do with it?  Bad pairing job?

Thanks for the help.

Highlighted

It's definitely a possibility. Let's try clearing the pairing list on the headphones. To do this, hold the switch in the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, on all of your previously connected devices, go to the Bluetooth list and delete the headphones. Now just try to connect the Pixel 3 and play these tracks.

Let us know how you get on with this.