Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2019

Bose QC 35ii cable to PC

I have a pair of QC 35ii, and up until recently I only needed them as bluetooth headphones for my phone or tablet for media and whatnot. Recently I have needed to use Discord on my Windows 10 PC, so I am trying to get Mic and Headphone to work on Windows 10.

I know that I either can have "quality" audio with no mic, or garbage audio in "Hands-Free" mode to use the mic.

I would like to plug them into the PC, however it is a somewhat older desktop and has a separate mic and headphone jack. I purchased a splitter to take the included cable and split it to a microphone and headphone cable but that still isn't working. After some more research I've seen some people be recommended the inline cable to apple cord, but that seems to be for the QC 25.

Could someone advise me what I will need to have a wired connection to my PC for a separate mic and headphone input for the QC 35ii?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35ii cable to PC

So I found another thread that advise the QC25 inline cable for apple, even though its for a windows 10 PC and I have the QC35 ii.

Bose has been long known for their Audio Quality, which if thats all we're talking about, these headphones are actually quite good. The problem in my mind is that Bluetooth itself is such a limiting technology, it really is a slap in the face at the cost of these headphones, without any kind of explanation on how they will work with different devices. While yes, they are advertised as mainly bluetooth headphones for Android or Apple devices, that doesn't mean it should be a nightmare to get them to work over bluetooth on other devices. Especially in the day and age of PC Gaming, I find it a huge oversight that you couldn't figure out a way to have bluetooth audio while simultaneously using the cable for the microphone to the PC.

Currently, as soon as a cable is connected to the headphones it turns off all bluetooth compatibility.

Long story short....after purchasing $350 headphones, I shouldn't have to do in depth research, and then spend another $40, to use a dummied down version of these headphones to get them work how ANYONE would want them to work. We're essentially getting a $350 pair of noise cancelling ear muffs, that happen to provide low latency audio. Please provide all necessary accessories to gain full functionality of your product in the future. This has been a highly discussed topic and your customers are not happy. Make right by them.