Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Bose QC II headphones stopped talking to me and no blue pairing light

My Bose QC II headphones have worked perfectly with my PC (Windows 10) until today. Suddenly, they won't work. No sound from the computer. The computer shows them as a bluetooth device but not as a speaker -- does not seem to recognize the headphones as a sound device. When I turn on the headphones, there is not the usual "battery x percent, connected to ...", nor will they enter into pairing mode. The blue "pair" light does not work. I uninstalled them from my computer and reinstalled. No luck.  Help! Are they dead?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose QC II headphones stopped talking to me and no blue pairing light

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear about the issues you're now experiencing with the headset, but would be happy to help. Are you able to connect the headset to any alternative devices, like a phone or tablet? 

How are you entering pairing mode - is this by sliding the Power/Bluetooth switch to the "Bluetooth" position, and holding it? I recommend you try clearing the Bluetooth pairing list of the headset via our guide HERE. Following this, the Bluetooth indicator should flash blue, to reflect that it is in pairing mode. Does this happen successfully? 

If it does not, try performing a reset of your headset. To do this:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Should you still be experiencing issues with the headset not operating as intended, my final suggestion is to ensure that there is not a firmware error. Check for any available firmware updates for the headset by connecting it to your computer using the micro-USB charging cable, and visit our firmware update website at http://btu.bose.com.

Finally, if your headset is still not correctly responding, there may be a hardware fault. Please contact us directly to explore service options. Click HERE, select your region, and use the "Contact us" button at the bottom of the page.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.