Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Bose QC II restarting itself every 20 min.

Dear reader,

As of last week, my QC II headphones started to restart itself on average every 20 minutes. This is very annoying since your sound stops and the voice prompt does it's thing every time. This restarting does not happen at a consistent rate. I've tested this using a stopwatch.

It does not matter to which device it is connected to. I've disconnected multiple devices and added others, it still restarts itself.

What I've tried to fix this problem so far:

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software. (My headphone software is up to date)

2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on. (Tried this many times, but it does not do anything)

3. Clear the pairing list on the headphones. This can be done by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds or until you hear 'Bluetooth device list cleared'. (This also didn't help)

I'm quite lost and I'm starting to hate the product which I love so much. Does anyone have any advice on what to do next?

I start to suspect that this is a hardware problem.

Kind regards and that's in advance for any help offered!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC II restarting itself every 20 min.

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hello dragomir44,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm really sorry to hear that your QC35 II headphones are not performing as they should. You've already gone through a great list of troubleshooting steps and at this point, the next step would be to explore your service options. 

Please reach out to our local support team. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hello dragomir44,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm really sorry to hear that your QC35 II headphones are not performing as they should. You've already gone through a great list of troubleshooting steps and at this point, the next step would be to explore your service options. 

Please reach out to our local support team. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

I have exactly same problem- started the same date an restart every20 min. Surely not a hardware problem! Please advise 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

I have a Samsung s9- what make do you have?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

I have exactly the same issue when connected to my iphone during a phone call.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Hi, 

I've been encountering the exact same issue as this guy back in 2018.

In short, when I'm listening to music or a podcast my headphones will randomly cut out and 'restart'. There are no power-off tones but playback and ANC cuts out for a moment, then starts again with the battery remaining voice message as if the headphones have just been turned on. I need to press play to get playback happening. This happens at irregular intervals, several times an hour.

I have tried the same troubleshooting steps that the original poster of the above message tried, but the problem persists. 

In the intervening couple of years, has a solution been found?

Thanks,

Adam

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

I am having the exact same issue, except mine also have a problem beginning to play audio again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

I'm having the EXCACT same issues and it's incredibly frustrating to the point where I can't use the headphones anymore.

Firmware: 4.5.2

Dom: 22 Jan 2018

I can't downgrade the firmware to try and fix it anymore as the website doesn't let you use an outdated update application.

PLEASE FIX THIS 😞

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

I have the exact same problem. It restarts consistently every 20 minutes, so I think this must be a software problem.
I've seen this problem popping up a lot in this community forum, and I've tried all the proposed solutions.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Thank you, I have. I contacted the reseller that I purchased them from, I already have a replacement, haven’t had the issue again yet.