Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: Bose QC II restarting itself every 20 min.

Me too... these days also in Zoom calls, very annoying.
It's like someone already stated: I'm starting to dislike the product I love so much. Workaround now: wait till it's battery is drained and not recharge... 😞

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Hi there!

So, draining the battery and charging it back made the problem go away?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

No, I may have put it wrongly...
Draining the battery prevents the headset from turning itself on.

After recharging the issue is there again... 😞

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Hi there!

Well, i'll just see it for myself.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Hi there!

It's been almost a month since i had this issue, allow me to explain this. After updating my QuietComfort 35 II to firmware 4.5.2, i notice the ANC performance was deteriorated, but this gets worse, the headphones would for all of the sudden restart and can happen every several times an hour, i tried all of the troubleshooting tips and even downgrading to 4.3.6, BUT NONE HAVE WORK SO FAR.

i notice there are a small group of people are experiencing the exact same issue aside from the ANC issues, which the moderators wouldn't even assist with our problems, now i tried to contact support but since my area is currently on lockdown, nobody has been picking up the phone and replying to my emails which i understand. I'M QUITE DISAPPOINTED, I'M NOT BUYING BOSE HEADPHONES AGAIN SINCE ITS A VERY EXPENSIVE  PAIR OF HEADPHONES AND FOR SURE IF THEY CAN'T FIX THIS THEN IM SWITCHING TO SONY!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

I've reset the Standby-timer to 'never' and now the QC35 doesn't seem turn itself on anymore...

EDIT Not working; now it's just drained much sooner, preventig it from turning on... I'm really looking forward to a firmware update to fix this!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

So, as I stated in my updated post on the previous page of this thread, a firmware reset to the 4.3.6 seemed to work at first, but now the problem is back again (though, subjectively it seems as if it happens less often).

Going through the Bose website on Service & Repair gives me the message that I can send Bose my headphones and they will replace them for free. However according to a Bose representative whom I contacted on Facebook (props to the speedy response) due to the current COVID-19 crisis the whole process is expected to take longer, it may be up to 6 weeks. Because I still have a couple months of warranty left I will wait and see if the Bose shops open back up again soon because I would prefer face-to-face service. Or maybe Bose will release a firmware update which completely fixes this problem, before that time? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

I too am having this issue. tried everything here but problem persists. $400 pair of ear warmers 😞

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2020

Was stupid enough to update firmware and now this happened to me too 😣 So it's not a hardware problem.

Tried all same steps as the OP, but no help. Really annoying bug that should be fixed asap!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

I think I may have solved this issue for now.

I downgraded the firmware to 4.3.6, set the auto-sleep function in the Bose App to "never", removed my PC from the connection list in the app, and removed the headset from the bluetooth list on my PC (there were two in the list, one of them prefixed by "LE-" and I had to remove them BOTH). Then re-connecting the headset to the PC as if it was the first time I used it, and since then I have not had a single power reset in 3 days of use.