Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Re: Bose QC II restarting itself every 20 min.

Same here! The headphones are totally useless on this way!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Hi,

I tried to contact my local support team (in Australia) as suggested - but all it did, after I entered my serial number, was announce that my warranty has expired and give me a link to purchase a new pair. There's no way to actually contact anyone to discuss the possibility of repairs (even at my expense if required). 

I've tried the recent suggestion of rolling back the firmware, deleting and re-initialising device connections and resetting the headphones, but they still suffer the same fault. It's clear that there is a fault with the headphones because there are several people on this thread who have described the same problem, over several years. I bought these headphones in January 2019 - only a little over a year ago. For the cost, I'd expect that a product from a company with the premium reputation of Bose would last quite a bit more than a year, so to be honest this response is not really good enough from a consumer point of view. I'm hardly likely to pay a premium price for a new set of headphones if I'm not reasonably certain of getting several years of use out of them.

The headphones obviously need to be looked at, there is clearly some sort of fault with them. Do you have any suggestions for how we might resolve the issue?    

Thanks,

Adam

Highlighted

Hello kookabat, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service options that have been offered too you. 

You can speak to a member of the team via any of the contact methods listed here. Please keep in mind that due to current world events you may experience a delay in reaching the team due to current world events.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

I have the exact same problem and it's just infuriating. It happens so much it has rendered a very expensive set of headphones GARBAGE.  DO SOMETHING BOSE.......rather than telling us to call your customer service. This is clearly a valid issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

I'm having the same problem as well since upgrading to Firmware 4.5.2.

I love that Bose have marked this as resolved - when it clearly isn't...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

Spoiler
Same here... random headphone reboots after firmware update.  It comes and goes, but is always reliable to eventually restart itself.  Likely my last Bose headphone purchase.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. It's quite disturbing and no answer from bose support 😕

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Mine all of a sudden started to work without restarting every 20 minutes over the weekend.

I noticed that my computers were all turned off when i noticed it wasn't happening anymore.

Went on to my computers and in bluetooth removed my headphones - there was some old devices that were my headphones - but they didn't work anymore. 

Been listening to music for 2 hours now with no shutdown.

Only other thing that changed recently for me was that i downgraded firmware last week - however the issue kept happening after the firmware downgrade...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

I have got the same issue - for a few months now, my QC 35 II have been sort of restarting themselves every 9-40 mins, both when paired with my laptop and my Blackberry.

This is extremely disruptive especially in voice and video calls, and very annoying when listening to something on either laptop or phone.

I had done the latest update in an attempt to solve this, and then downgraded them again, both to no avail. We have done some research online into this issue and have come across this thread and followed the advise to contact Bose support.

Unfortunately, though, the support was less than supportive! I decided to use the WhatsApp chat, and after being guided through some computer questions, the solution they offered me was to buy new headphones at a discounted price, as mine are outside of warranty!!! Extremely poor, surely that can't be the only solution for this! Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

20-06-16 Bose Customer service fail.png

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Bose QC restarting after 20 minutes

Bose, you will need to fix this issue.  It's on your end. Same thing happening to me, headphone shut off after a certain amount of time. I have 3 pairs of Bose headphones. Will be my last Bose product purchase if this is not resolved soon. The head phones are worthless with the shut downs.