Highlighted
snowe
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Bose QC35 I fails to connect to devices daily

Each day, when I turn my headphones on for the first time (this is a daily occurrence, not each time I turn my headphones on) my QC35s fail to connect to my devices. The only way for me to get them to connect to my devices again is by clearing the device list, removing the QC35s from the bluetooth list on each device, turning off the QC35s, force quit the Bose Connect App, TURN MY PHONE OFF, turn phone back on, and then turning the QC35s back on, start the Bose Connect App again, and completing the setup process again.

As you can imagine, this is incredibly frustrating. My Bose were working perfectly fine until a few weeks ago, and then this started to happen. I hoped the most recent firmware update would fix the issue, but it did not. Spending 30 minutes each day getting my headphones working again is an absolutely terrible experience.

Note that this happens to both my devices at the same time.

Device:
iPhone XS
iOS 12.1.4
App Version: 8.1.1

Device:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
10.14.5 (18F203)

QC35 Firmware: 3.0.3

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose QC35 I fails to connect to devices daily

Hello snowe,

Thanks for posting in the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your QuietComfort headphones, I completely understand as the process does sound frustrating. I would be more than happy to help you with this issue today, I would recommend that you try power cycle the product, please follow the steps below:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds

• Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

• Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute

• Turn on the headset

I hope this helps, let me know you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

snowe
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

I've tried this several times now but the problem persists. If I leave my headphones off for more than 24 hours they will refuse to connect to any system afterward unless I completely reset everything. That includes actually turning off my phone. Just removing the device from the Bluetooth list doesn't work

Hi there @snowe and thanks for following up!

I'm sorry to hear that these steps did not resolve your issue. 

If your headphones are already up to date, and the resets/clearing the Bluetooth lists have not resolved your issues, I would suggest that you reach out to Bose Support in your region directly by selecting your country from the list using the link above, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if required.

Please follow up when you can, and let me know if you have any questions or updates!

Liam W