Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Bose QC35 II Gaming headphones will not connect to PC via bluetooth

Bose product name: QC35 II Gaming

Firmware Version: 4.8.1

App Version: Most recent

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: Windows 10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Trying to connect to PC via Bluetooth and keep getting error "Try connecting your device again".

What environment do you experience the issue in? NA

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Since I have tried to connect to PC

Any troubleshooting steps you took: The headphones show up briefly, say connecting, and then give the error. I have no trouble connecting it to my iPhone or Mac. I have tried to reset the Bluetooth on the headphones by holding the button to the left for 10 seconds and a "hard reset" by turning them off, waiting 1 minute, connecting to the wall charger, waiting 5 seconds, unplugging, and waiting another minute. Both of these were on the troubleshooting forum. I have also checked my motherboard drivers and windows version both of which are up to date. The gaming microphone is not plugged into the headphones and the desktop volume controller is not plugged in as well. The last thing I have tried is using a Bluetooth toolset in powershell to connect it. It will show two Bose headsets LE-Bose QC35 II Gaming headset and Bose QC35 II Gaming headset, neither of which connect.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose QC35 II Gaming headphones will not connect to PC via bluetooth

Hey @SlowMN, thanks for posting. Welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry that you've not been able to successfully connect your QC35 II Gaming Headset to your computer using Bluetooth. You've been through some great troubleshooting steps already.

Let's clear the pairing list by holding the switch in the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, on your computer and the other devices you have previously connected, delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list. Now try to reconnect them.

Let me know how this goes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for the troubleshooting recommendation. I tried clearing the Bluetooth device/deleting the headphones from the Bluetooth list in my original troubleshooting attempts as noted in the original post. Unfortunately it did not allow me to connect the headset. It still gives me the same error. What other troubleshooting steps can I try?

Thanks for letting us know that SlowMN.

As it's only your Windows computer that you are unable to pair the headphones to, have you also tried rebooting the computer? If not I would definitely recommend doing so.

We do also have a guide on the Community for using Bluetooth headphones and speakers with computers HERE that has a lot of helpful troubleshooting steps that I would recommend trying.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Yes I have tried rebooting my computer. I did not fix the problem.

I also went through the entire community guide you linked, including buying an external Bluetooth adapter which I received today, without any success being able to connect the headset.

Thanks for trying that and letting us know SlowMN.

It is interesting that the Bluetooth adapter is not connecting either, but your Mac and iPhone connect fine. It would be worth checking what pairing profiles the PC and adapter support. The headphones can paired to a Bluetooth device that supports HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP, or BLE, if the computer and adapter don't support these it would explain why you are unable to connect.

I'd also recommend checking to see if any wireless interference is stopping the Bluetooth connection with the computer and adapter. Do you have many other wireless devices near the computer? It's possible one of these is interfering with the Bluetooth signal, I tend to find the most common sources of interference are routers, wireless printers, and cordless phone bases, but any wireless device nearby could potentially cause interference. If you do have other wireless devices near the computer, try turning them off, and then see if the PC can connect to the headphones. If you can connect the headphones, turn the wireless devices back on one at a time to try and work out which of these was causing the interference. Once you have found the source of interference, move it further away from the computer so it will not interfere in the future.

Let me know how this goes!