tchumas
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Bose QC35 II Won't Connect To Any Device

I've had my headphones connected to my computer and iphone for months, the past few days the bluetooth connection has been very choppy. After looking up some solutions I cleared my headphones entire device list by holding the power button to the right for 10 seconds. The device now will not show up as a viable connection to any of my devices. I've tried forgetting the headphones as a device on both my computer and phone and re-starting but no matter what, the headphones are not showing up as a bluetooth device to pair with. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose QC35 II Won't Connect To Any Device

Hello tchumas,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your headphones with your phone, this is absolutely something I would be able to assist you with. It's great that you have already tried clearing the pairing list of the headphones, that's a shame that it has not helped in this situation. There are still some troubleshooting steps that you can go through to try to resolve the issue, for example resetting the headphones, rebooting your phone and pushing a manual update to the headphones. 

To reset your product:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

T the headset, then wait one minute

5. Power on your product.

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I am also curious, are you using the Bose Connect app?

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support