Leosaab98
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Re: Bose QC35 II enforces phones vibration and notification sound

I experience the same problem of the phone making notification sounds and interruping the music playing, even with the phone muted and with the not disturb mode active. This is definitely an issue of the Bluetooth connection from the Qc 35 which confuses the notifications ringtone as Media from the phone
I have a One plus 6
Leosaab98
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Re: Bose QC35 II do not respect 'Silent', 'Vibrate', 'Do Not Disturb' settings on Pixel 3

Exactly what I experience with my One Plus 6 with the latest Android and Bose QC35 II firmware.
Can believe paying $350 for a pair of headphones, and people complain of the same issue for over 2 years and no solution has been provided to this date.
scotchedpommes
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Re: Bose QC35 II do not respect 'Silent', 'Vibrate', 'Do Not Disturb' settings on Pixel 3

@Leosaab98 wrote:
people complain of the same issue for over 2 years and no solution has been provided to this date.

I don't think that the issues reported at the start of this thread are the same - they mention forcing vibration, and at no point in the past week that notification sounds have glitched on pairing have I seen the phone vibrate unexpectedly. Reports I've read over the course of the week all seem to indicate a more recent change affecting the pairing process. Certainly saw nothing like this myself in a year of use up to this point.

Leosaab98
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Exactly the same issue with my One Plus 6 with the latest Android 9.0, this issue is with all the latest Android flagships and can believe they won't make a patch already for one of their major major consumer sector that uses the latest Android phones.

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this thread. 

We appreciate all of your feedback and have passed it onto the team for further investigation. 

Although we do not have an update at this time, we will update this thread as soon as we know more. 

We thank you all for your patience and understanding at this time. 

Many Thanks, 

Community Admin 

cparadela
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

I still can't believe Bose keeps saying the same thing after so many time. I have the same experience with my Galaxy S10+ with Android 9.

This is something hard to believe coming from this company. How much time do we have to wait until this problem gets fixed?

Really disappointed.

Highlighted
robmcdowell
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

scotchedpommes:

I agree. I originally created a separate thread but one of their moderators decided to move it so it appears as a post on an older, slightly different problem's thread. Not my choice.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cambo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

I saw something in a tech forum yesterday (sorry, can't find the link) suggesting this might be a fault with the bluetooth stack in the phones, not the headphones.  Apparently Google engineers are looking at it.  For me, this does kind of line up with a recent Galaxy Note 9 update released last week in Australia.  For the moment all I can do is live with it.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/134214639

https://ausdroid.net/2019/06/04/getting-weird-android-notifications-bluetooth-may-be-the-culprit/

https://9to5google.com/2019/06/03/android-notifications-bluetooth-issues/ 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Notification-sounds-playing-when-silent-mode-on-and-m...

Cheers.

Community Manager

Hi all,

I can see that people are recently contributing to this thread and are experiencing a slightly different issue than the original poster. In this instance, if you're experiencing issues with hearing notifications at the incorrect volume, you may find a similar thread HERE useful. 

I have also made a post within the thread, which can be found directly HERE. From what I have read online, users with non-Bose Bluetooth devices are also experiencing the same issue. If you have a similar issue, I encourage you to participate in the linked thread directly.

Kindest,

Andy B

cparadela
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Hello again,

Let me explain this regard more accurately.

I have a Bose QC35 II with Google Assistant enabled and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U with Android 9

While using the QC35 II headphones, every time I receive notifications my phone starts vibrating and a sound is emitted. This totally bypasses my preference settings. (Disabling notification sound and vibration.)

I also have the latest earbuds Samsung sent for people who preordered the phone (like myself). If I use I connect that one everything works perfectly, so is not a problem with the phone at all and also went even further trying another headphone from Beats that my wife uses with no problems as well, but as soon as I connect the QC35 II everything goes bad again and the phone starts to vibrate even when is in silent mode. After that, if you disconnect the headphones that phone keeps vibrating and also start to sound too, skipping my phone settings at all. I think we need a better answer from you guys with all the respect you deserve.