chil
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Bose QC35 II no longer playing music from PC

Bose product name: QC35 II

Firmware Version: 4.8.1

App Version: 2.16.25

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

My new QC35 II is connected to both my Iphone and PC. I can play music from my Iphone, but not my PC. It worked fine before. The headset is fully charged.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) NA

When did you start to experience the issue? Today

Did it work correctly previously? Yes

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I updated the Firmware.

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: Bose QC35 II no longer playing music from PC

Hey Chil. 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help. Can I please confirm which PC you are connecting too, and how you are pairing? Also, when you say it 'worked before' was this the connection with the PC? Has anything happened in the meantime? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
chil
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Thank you for offering to help.

I am paired to an Iphone 6 and a Windows 10 HP desktop over Bluetooth.

Today I figured out that if I turn on the headset and start playing music on my PC it plays fine over the headset, but then I cannot switch to the Iphone as an input even though the headset is connected with both. 

Maybe this boils down to ignorance on my part and the real question is:

How do you switch between sources on the headset when it is connected to 2 sources over Bluetooth?

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi chil,

Thanks for the update! The easiest way to switch between two connected devices is by pausing the first device and then playing music from the second. We have a guide with more information on managing multiple Bluetooth connections HERE as well.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!