Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Bose QC35 II not connecting to my iOS devices! Help!

So I've been using these BOSE QC35 II for 2 years or so now and I've been super happy with them. For 2 days now sadly, my headphones have started to do this thing where it keeps saying "Ready to Connect" over and over again. On both my devices it worked perfectly so far (although I changed my Ipad recently, it still worked on the new one through normal Bluetooth, not the app). I have read all threads that discuss this error and none of the things work. Resetting the Bluetooth list but it keeps giving me the error and that it is too far away or turned off although its a foot away from my devices. I have tried the Laptop version of the app and it doesn't work (even checked every thread discussing these errors but still nothing). I'm pretty desperate as I love these headphones dearly!

Cheers in advance,

Otto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC35 II not connecting to my iOS devices! Help!

Author Accepted Answer selected by LOV

Hello LOV, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I can confirm there is no laptop version of the Bose Connect app. One was never released. 

With regards to your issue, it sounds like the Bluetooth connection has just become corrupted, either on your device, or your headphones. 

To clear the device list pairing, hold the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds, or until you hear the voice prompt state "Device list cleared." Once you have done this, go back to your smartphone/computer, then find the headphones on the list. This will be an old connection that is no longer compatible, so remove this. Once removed, turn Bluetooth off on the device, then turn it back on, and the headphones should appear as an available new device. Tap on the headphones, then it should connect, creating a brand new connection.

If the issue persists, please reach out to support in your country here. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hello Otto,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community. I am very sorry that you are currently unable to connect your QC35 II headphones to your iOS device!

So that we do not send you in circles, can you please inform us in all the troubleshooting you have attempted in order to resolve this issue? 

If you haven't already, I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com​​​​​​​.

Please get back to us, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hey, thanks for the answer!!

Yes, I did this and nothing changed. The resetting I mean. In addition, when i go on the btu.bose.com (or whatever) website it makes me download this app and then it asks me to plug in the headphones (and if not found to select the specific product). This does nothing. Even though I tried with multiple cables and different devices.

As I said, I already tried many things from all the threads. I hope there are other solutions ahahah.

Cheers,

Otto

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by LOV

Hello LOV, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I can confirm there is no laptop version of the Bose Connect app. One was never released. 

With regards to your issue, it sounds like the Bluetooth connection has just become corrupted, either on your device, or your headphones. 

To clear the device list pairing, hold the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds, or until you hear the voice prompt state "Device list cleared." Once you have done this, go back to your smartphone/computer, then find the headphones on the list. This will be an old connection that is no longer compatible, so remove this. Once removed, turn Bluetooth off on the device, then turn it back on, and the headphones should appear as an available new device. Tap on the headphones, then it should connect, creating a brand new connection.

If the issue persists, please reach out to support in your country here. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

That did the trick!! Thank you so much.

Highlighted

Hello LOV,

Bluetooth connection corruption rarely occurs but is usually the culprit when it comes to devices suddenly being unable to connect, so I'm thrilled to hear the troubleshooting helped to get your headphones working again! 

If anyone else in the community has a similar issue, please try the advised steps above.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

I found this very helpful as my Headphones would not see my new Ipad. Had to clear the device history. Easy. Thanks!