bw2010
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

Bose QC35 Microphone Issues

Hello,

I have had my Bose headphones at more than two years now. Unfortunately today, when I answered a phone call I was told that I could not be heard and when I yelled they finally were able to hear me but I was very quiet. I proceeded to update the firmware and my iphone with software updates and the problem persisted. I proceeded to use the VoiceMemo application on my iphone to record and found that when I yelled extremely loud it would catch some audio but not all. On playback, the audio is extremely muffled but there is audio that is being captured... 

Could there be something that is preventing my microphone from properly capturing audio? How can I clean my Bose QC35 headphones? Thank you in advance. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose QC35 Microphone Issues

Hi there @bw2010 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with the microphone on this headset and would be happy to advise.

With regards to cleaning the headset, I would recommend that you clean the headband with a soft cloth dampened in a mixture of dish detergent and water. You can then clean the exterior of the earcups with a slightly dampened soft cloth. Please check that there is also no build-up on the inside of the earcups, and peel gently at the scrim (inside fabric layer) to check that there is no build-up or debris underneath this either. If so, please gently dab at this with a cloth or cotton bud/swab.

If you have cleaned these and the microphone is still not operating as intended, please power cycle the phone, choose to remove the headset from the phone by selecting "forget this device" from the Bluetooth list, then clear the Bluetooth list on the headphones. This list can be cleared by holding the Power/Bluetooth button to the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear that this has been cleared.

Once the above has been done, please re-connect the headset and place another phone call. Ensure that the phone you're using is not muted, and that both you and the recipient of the call both have a good cellular connection as well.

Please return to me at your convenience to let me know how this goes😊!

Liam W - Community Support