Highlighted
vlb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Bose QC35: Never ending firmware update

Hi,

I have a QC35 and I am using Bose Connect app on an android mobile.

Currently I have firmware 1.5.1 and an update of the firmware starts every time I pair the headphone to the app.

The problem is: the update never gets completed! The progress bar keeps looping for hours.

I also tried to use Bose Updater in the computer (both mac and windows) but without any success again. Charging led blinks but the headphone doesn't seem to be recognized.

I did try to reinstall the app, use different USB ports and turn on/off the headphone many times.

I really want to try a newer firmware since I realized the noise cancelling seems not so effective as it used be lately.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose QC35: Never ending firmware update

Hi vlb, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that your headphones are stuck in an update loop and would love to assist you with this! 

I would highly recommend that you reset the headphones and then attempt the update again via the pc. You can perform the reset via: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

Please update us on the result of this! If any other community members have also experienced and resolved this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

vlb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for your reply Hector. I did try reset before I created the topic. It didn't work.

It happens I tried a fourth device (tablet with Android) and finally the firmware was updated in my QC35.

I have read many topics describing similar issues, i.e update doesn't finish, where people tried different approaches (Connect app or computer).

I leave as feedback that I would expect this procedure to work no matter in which device and without so much struggle.

Perhaps improvements on this matter can be addressed in an upcoming firmware.

Cheers,

Vinícius

Hello Vinícius, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to us and update us on your progress. 

I will pass your feedback onto the team for further consideration. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need assistance in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W