Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User-0db77
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Bose QC35 Sidetone

I've seen this problem posted about on multiple occasions before, and wondering if there have been any updates from the Bose engineering team? 

Problem: Very substantial "Sidetone" in BoseQC35 headphones when using the built-in microphone for phone calls/conference calls.

Is there a solution to this problem? Very troubling to have this problem when working 100% from home on conference calls all day due to COVID-19. 

Please advise! Thanks in advance -- stay safe and well where ever you are in the world right now.

3 REPLIES 3
Sidoen
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Re: Bose QC35 Sidetone

This problem occurs for me even if I am just listening to music. The mic picks up the environment and starts making sure I can hear every little mouse or button click along with a staticy white noise.

I've seen lots of threads about how Bose refuses to do anything about this for more modern models, I've got the QC 35 I and I don't hold out much hope for a resolution but I paid $400 for these. It was a nervous first jump into noise cancellation as well as a first experience with this brand.

I'm disappointed and annoyed that this product has sat on my desk next to my gamer headset whose ear pads do a better job of muting the environment and whose microphone apparently picks up my voice better.

anniebio
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

When I'm in video conferences I can barely hear my own voice. So I end up talking so loudly as to annoy my officemate 🙂 Sounds like being able to adjust sidetone would fix a lot of problems.

Vicky_W

Hey Anniebio. 

Thanks for posting. 

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the level of sidetone you can hear. 

I will certainly pass on a feature request for you to be able to adjust the level of sidetone. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!