Emilpovlsen
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2021

Bose QC35 ii call mode

So the bose qc35 call mode makes me unable to hear any other audio on my pc while I'm in a call, which is pretty annoying. I've tried to turn it off in the deep settings of my pc, but then the mic in the headset can't be used. 
Any way to turn this off without making the mic useless? 

2 REPLIES 2
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC35 ii call mode

@Emilpovlsen(I do not work for Bose)

As far as I know, the QC35 follows the BT 4.x standards are operates with profiles.  The two in particular in question for you is A2DS which supports stereo streaming and HFP (hands free profile) which supports phone calls and Voice Over IP.  I believe they have been implemented as mutually exclusive so you can not have stereo streaming and phone calls/VOIP at the same time.  That is why all the sound coming out of the PC which is not associated with the VOIP application (or phone call) you are involved with is turned off.

So unless the Bose moderators here check in with additional information or someone else knows of a 'workaround', once you start a phone call or VOIP session (with whatsapp, zoom, skype, etc.), the other sounds are disconnected and you won't get them back until you are done with the call/session.

Emilpovlsen
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2021

Re: Bose QC35 ii call mode

Thanks alot for your answer. This unfortunately makes the headset useless for gaming, which is a shame for such an exspensive headset.