Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Bose QC35 ii microphone not working

Hi there, I have an issue with the microphones on my Bose QC 35 ii where everything else works but the microphone, I've seen this as a thread a few times on here, tried all of the solutions and none of them worked, reset using the turn off for 30 charges for 5 etc, cleared Bluetooth list. any ideas?

Luke 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Bose QC 35 II microphone no longer working

I've found similar topics of the Bose QC II's microphone stop working. 

Similarly, my microphone does not pick up audio on any phonecalls whether it be my phone or computer via bluetooth.

to my disappointment, the product is no longer under warranty, and co-incidentally a few months later the hardware disappoints. 

I've called customer service to try and get some troubleshooting other than hard reset, and was disgusted to hear your warranty fix price is 66% of what the newest model costs!

I've tried hard resets, updating the firmware, forgetting all other audio devices, and just about every other trick this forum has to offer.

my recommendation, don't buy the QC 35's, they're clearly not built to last.

Re: Bose QC 35 II microphone no longer working

Hey @Luke DB,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're experiencing some issues with the microphone on your QC35 II's. 

I just have a few questions to see if we can get this resolved.

Are you connected to your devices via Bluetooth or the audio cable?

Have you tested them with an alternative device?

If you record a video when your headphones are connected via Bluetooth, is any audio picked up?

@PeterFoley315 Thanks for joining!

It's a shame that you're also encountering a microphone issue. Are you using cellular calls or VoIP calls such as WhatsApp?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

yes tried with various devices can't get any audio on videos or calls. none of the reset tricks work etc 

Highlighted

Sorry to hear this Luke.

Are you able to inform us on all the troubleshooting you have already attempted so we do not re-advise you?

Were you able to connect to your devices via Bluetooth and the audio cable?

If you record a video when your headphones are connected via Bluetooth, is any audio picked up?

Do let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!