Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Bose QC35 no sound from left ear

Hello, I was recently in a call with my Bose QC35 headphones and out of nowhere the ear on the left side stopped working. I know it is not a hardware issue because I have not thrown them and also because if I turn off the noise canceling and connect my headphones by cable I have sound on both sides. This only happens if I turn on the noise canceling of the headphones.
It seems strange to me but I never received calls through my headphones today I was on a call and that's where it happened. I tried installing the firmware again and resetting the bluetooth devices but it still doesnt work. Also, I dont want to pay for a new pair of headphones because I know this is a software problem and Bose needs to fix it.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC35 no sound from left ear

@dmprxx 

You may want to provide additional information on what you were using to make the phone call (phone, computers, etc.).  You may also need to confirm if when doing stereo streaming (not phone calls) with your Bluetooth if it works with one speaker or both speakers.

Also Bose is going to ask you to go through their standard troubleshooting steps such as as getting rid of all pairings from both sides and reinitialize your QC35ii with the method of connecting the cable on one end, etc. (mentioned elsewhere in this forum).

Unless you upgraded your firmware right before this happened I highly recommend you DO NOT change your firmware as a troubleshooting step even if Bose insists as it could adversely impact your ANC.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello dmprxx,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with you QC35 headphones. This is absolutely something that I would be able to help you with today, could you please let me know whether you are using a computer or a phone? Are you using any applications like Teams or Skype when the issue occurs? You mentioned that you had reset your Bluetooth devices, have you also reset your headphones? If not, you can do this by following the steps below:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product

I look forward to hearing from you

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2017

Same problem of no sound in left ear after update while using Bluetooth. Have not seen a fix yet.

Highlighted

Hello hansenra, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC35 not producing sound in the left ear. If you have tried the troubleshooting mentioned above, I would recommend the following:

• Test the headphones with another device to see if the issue persists.
  • Test if the issue occurs when connected via a wired connection.

Please let me know your results.

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2017

Followed all you instructions 3 times including turning Bluetooth off resetting earphones then turning Bluetooth back on and pairing the QC35 back to my iPad. There is some sound coming from the left ear; however, the variance is about 10 to 1 right ear volume to the left. Basically the problem still exists.

Remember this happened immediately after the update I did 12/14/19.

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear this, hansenra. 

If the issue is continuing to persist, I would encourage you to reach out to local support in your region here.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2017

I tried it using pandora and slingbox (via Bluetooth) on both my iPad and iPhone with the same results. Now for the strange observation, when using the cord on both devices, the sound reverses from right to left ear with the same volume intensity. Any other suggestions?

Highlighted

Hi @hansenra,

Thank you for trying with the cable - apologies that the issue did not seem to improve.

With this new development, I still would recommend contacting your local support team for further assistance regarding what to do next. You've been through the majority of standard troubleshooting so you will need to discuss the best option to take with Customer Service.

To find contact details, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2020

It works with iPad but not iPhone.

it works when using a wire.