Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Bose QC35II - Disconnecting then Reconnecting over Bluetooth [Windows 10]

Recently purchased these headphones, quality is superb, I have used them every single day without fail connected to my iPhone 10, no issues.

However, problems seem to arise when connecting to a Windows 10 computer, namely my personal computer and work computer. Once device is correctly paired, the headphones will connect and disconnect repeatedly in an endless loop sometime even crashing the computer.

I've tried another Bluetooth receiver on the Windows 10 PC's with the same issue, I have updated drivers, re-downloaded up, unpaired, disconnected and followed everyone else's suggestions with little success. 

(Please note: This is NOT an acceptable 'Fix' for a £300 product)

I found a partial work around but not good enough for such a 'high end product', If I remove all devices, on iPhone app & Clear Bluetooth paired list and then remove the headphones from the PC then reconnect, delete the AG Handsfree the headphones will work BUT only if noise is played continuously, should music stop of a sound not be output. The headphones will disconnect and revert back to the cycle.

Can someone please present a solution? - I called up my local Bose dealership who said they are not aware of any such fault... I should mention I have even tried this on a 2017 Apple Macbook Air, with no issues so the issue seems to be solely with Windows 10 and Android, based on what I've read on other threads.

My firmware is up to date and at version: 4.5.2

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Re: Bose QC35II - Disconnecting then Reconnecting over Bluetooth [Windows 10]

I had to get a USB bluetooth adapter for mine to work with my laptop that has windows 10....I tried EVERYTHING before getting it but now it works perfectly .

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Sadly, I've purchased an adapter, I've had two now but still seem to be getting the issue.

What adapter did you purchase Jesselutz?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Darn! Thought maybe you hadn't tried that. I bought one from radio shack the brand name is StarTech.com, it's a usb to bluetooth version 4.0 adapter. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

I'm going to try purchasing a PCI-e Card for Bluetooth and see if that fixes the issues. I read online, it could be an issue with power draw on the Bluetooth adapter.

Will have a look into your adapter, could be a cheaper solution. Seems totally insane to have to purchase additional hardware to use your expensive, high-end set of headphones... 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Completely agree, I was quite disappointed myself. Hope you find a fix!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Mine were fine until updated to 4.5.2 firmware now really annoying. Come on Bose there is obviously a glitch fix it. Rest everything, renamed headphones re-added phone an still a problem.