Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Bose QC35ii crackling sound

I have been using my bose QC35ii for a while now and the right sound has started to make a crackling sound, it happens when I move my head or when I walk with the headphones on. It even happens with the headphones turned off

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC35ii crackling sound

Hi Gustavo Caneira, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, however I would love to help. 

So that I can understand your issue further can you please answer the following: 

• Does this issue occur with Noise Cancelling enabled or all the time? 
  • How are you connecting to the headphones? Aux or Bluetooth? 
  • Are your headphones running the latest software via Btu.bose.com

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

• Does this issue occur with Noise Cancelling enabled or all the time? 

I have only used the headphones with NC enabled so far.

• How are you connecting to the headphones? Aux or Bluetooth? 

Bluetooth. I think this is a bluetooth issue.

• Are your headphones running the latest software via Btu.bose.com

Yes.

Highlighted

Hi Eightyfish, 

Thank you for coming back to us and confirming this information, it is most helpful. 

Do you experience the same issue when you are cable connected? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hi - I haven't used these headphones with a cable. I will try it out - but it feels like this is a bluetooth related issue. Cheers.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2019

It happens while turned on or off, regardless if the aux cable is connected and is exacerbated with the noise cancelation turned on

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear this persists. 

Do your ear cushions feel secure?

I would suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

If this persists after a reset, I would also suggest in power cycling your headphones. This can be done by allowing the battery to deplete and then re-charge. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2019

I already did both things you suggested and nothing has changed.

I'm really hoping you can help me

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear this persists. 

At this point, I would suggest you reach out to local support for further assistance.  You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.  The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. As we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you may experience longer waiting times than expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check the Bose Support website, where you will find a number of options that may help address your need. Thank you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!