joe23
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Re: Bose Qc45 Release Date

no need for that hate everyone can say his opinion thats why this community is here

Hi all,

Thanks for chiming in on this thread. @Joe23 is correct, the community is a place for people to share opinions, good or bad. We only ask that everyone remain civil and respectful as in the community guidelines.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Linz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

I used to own Bose qc 35II, Beats Studio 3, and Sony hear on 2, but now I own the Sony wh-1000xm3 after upgrading from the Wh-1000xm2 for free from Sony. I am an apple music user.  My iphone xs has an eq setting of the phone under music. My device setting's eq is not as good as the sony xm3 I have. The sony wh1000xm3 eq  really better than  the one that came with my iphone and spotify and will carry to other devices especailly the macbook where eq is nonexit to be tweeked just like jaybird x3 earbuds, but the iphone and spotify setting eq does not. The sony 1000xm3  are way louder on bluetooth for listening to music than the bose qc 35 or qc35ii, but just like the beats. Lastly if you say eq is all music player, then what is the point of headphnes if you can not  tweek sund quality to ur liking and have it accross all devices. Other than the eq, the sony wh-1000xm3 has longer bleutooth range than bose qc 35 or the qc 35ii nomatter if it is on the xm2 or the xm3.

imaleo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 15, 2019

Q45 Release Date

Dear Bose community,

Does anyone know anything about Q45? My main question is, do we know whether its going to be release in 2019 or is it even being developed? The reason I'm asking is quite simple: currenty "Q35 II"'s comptetitor is Sony M3. Even though I think Bose is more comfortable, stylish and has a better quality, it is a bit outdated. So, if I knew that bose will release something new this year, i would definitely wait, otherwise i would go for something more up to date.

Best regards
Leo

Re: Q45 Release Date

Hello, imaleo! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Great question and one we receive frequently. We are always working on new ideas. Obviously, I am not able to speculate on products yet to be released but watching this space and our website are good ways to stay current as we will definitely announce new products there! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I'll speculate as I don't work for Bose though my guess may be totally off base. QC35i was released June 2016 and the QC35ii was released Sept. 2017.  Based on that alone it would seem to me that Bose would have something out by Aug, Sept, or Oct 2019 in time for the holiday season.

Then on the Bluetooth (BT) front, BT 4.1 upon which all the Bose products are currently based went final in Dec 4, 2013 and it has been replaced once with BT 4.2 and twice with BT 5.0.  5.0 on June 16, 2016 and more recently with 5.1 on Jan 21, 2019.  Among other things BT 5.x has twice the speed and four times the range of BT 4.x.  BT 5 bandwidth also is sufficient to support two devices on one end at the same time.  Keep in mind that Samsung Galaxy 8 and the iPhone 8 and  X already support BT 5 and so the current Bose products are 'behind the curve' as far as supporting BT on these newer smart devices.

Though on the 'controversial side' - I wonder how Bose is going to address future changes to current products and future products in regards to Bluetooth Low Emissions (BLE) functionality.  Currently most of the issues in this forum are with regards to interaction with computing devices such as windows and mac.  But the newer smart devices as those mentioned above have also added support for BLE.

Christopher Lee
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

I own the BOSE QC20 and BOSE QC25. The noise cancelling is great in both. I went to BestBuy to buy a new wireless NC bluetooth head phone. I tried the SONY and The BOSE QC35II. My impressions. The noise cancelling is superior on the SONY. The sound is equal imo, but that's a matter of taste. BOSE is still more comfortable and the large ear cups are wonderful. SONY is close in comfort. I like the feature in SONY where you can put your hand on the ear cup and talk to people. That is great. Battery life on both are fantastic. In the end, I purchased the SONY because side by side it had better features overall and the noise cancelling was significanly better than BOSE what I was hearing. I stood there for an hour comparing the two. I was not a hasty decision. My recommendation to BOSE is to improve your noise cancelling. You clearly have been passed by. I know you invented it but SONY has perfected it to a new level.

nikkorman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Why is everyone saying that the QC 35 II is outdated? How is it oudated? The M3's are nice but the headbands tend to crack. I

Aidensky
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Well Said! I will never understand why they come here to post when they proclaim to be entirely satisfied with another brand. If Sony is where it’s at for you then fill your boots, enjoy them! Arguing here that another headphone has better performance or better features isn’t going to force Bose to release their next version any time sooner than bose’s predetermined release date. Also the others who appear to be ‘threatening’ to go and buy a Sony if Bose don’t hurry up and produce the goods is just laughable and slightly pathetic. They clearly want a Bose headphone otherwise why are they waiting? If you want Bose, you’ll get it when you get it, when Bose release it. Threatening to go elsewhere isn’t going to magic a brand new quiet-comfort into existence. Get the QC35, get the other brand or wait. The choice is yours to make. But please stop whining.

Highlighted
Aidensky
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

“Too Old” the QC35 ii sell by the bucketload. I doubt Bose are in any rush. Also they are not old. Because Sony are into cash-grabbing and releasing a new incarnation of practically the same model year in year out doesn’t mean Bose should follow suit.

incidentally I have owned my Sennheiser Hd600 for 15 years and they are still to this day in production and considered a premium quality headphone that never fails to deliver in what it sets out to deliver..Superb audio quality. Are my hd600s too old I ask you? Absolutely Not.