Prestonee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Re: Q45 Release Date

I was just curious, do we know who makes the NC chips for Bose? Maybe if we did we could see when that company releases a new chip, that would give us a heads up on a new Bose part? If it's a chip in the public domain.
Srikarrao
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Re: Bose Qc45 Release Date

Do you have any idea when the next headphones is going because the last was released in 2016 I would like to buy the new generation headphones just wanted to is it going to release this year (2019)
Highlighted
Aidensky
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

The latest release would be QC35 ii which is the updated version of QC35. Released in late 2017 and the current flagship. Although the release timing of late 2017 these are still in manufacturing today, my QC35 ii has a manufacturer date of sept 2018. Not as ‘old’ as we think.

joe23
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

well today i saw the qc35ii and i had the mony to buy it but it cost 300€ so i thought about buying it but then i decided to wait and see if they release a new anc headphone
David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

I am quite happy with my QC35 (original version).

But in case somebody wants to consider it here are some points for Bose to consider.

1. Provide more colour options outside the US, a fully red set would be nice.

2. Better battery would help, but the life is already quite good.

3. Charging time is not that bad, but USB-C can be added for those who prefer it, but I suggest to also keep the mini USB as well

4. Adding LDAC or similar codec for those not using IOS, so not useful for me.

5. Bluetooth 5 support.

6. An option for higher ambient noise cancel but with reduced quality audio not enabled by default.

7. Add find my buds support when the headset is switched on.

Hello David, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, I am glad that you are enjoying your QC35 headphones. 
Also thank you for your suggestions, I will pass them on to the development team. 

I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Kind regards 

Liam G - Community Support

Berfo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

Hey, I made a post on the request forums a while ago, if you guys haven’t seen, these are the things I would love to see on the QC45:

- USB-C with improved quickcharging
- Improved batterylife (30-35 hours with ANC on)
- Improved noise cancellation
- Improved sound quality
- Like the Sony M3’s, the right earcup hold pause feature
- Like the Surface headphones, it detects whenever you remove the headphones from your head, it stops the sound. (Also senses when put back on like surface headphones)
- (This depends on whatever you guys at Bose want tbh) classic Bose buttons or earcup touchpad thingy for swiping songs, volume, call pickup, manually pausing music etc
- Multiple devices connectivity for sure
- A possible internal and external microphone like the galaxy buds have? Maybe that could improve the microphone quality even when there’s wind or something else..? Maybe?
Massboy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

I'm not sure outdated is the correct term.  But I am sure that Sony has surpassed the QC35 & 35II in areas where Bose was the leader.

Comfort still goes to Bose but sound quality, features, and noise reduction are all now in the Sony win column.  Admittedly, some of this is

subjective.  But in reading reviews on line and watching video reviews, it is just overwhelmingly a Sony win.  I hope that Bose can introduce a

new headphone that will place them back in front.   

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Bose actually quietly released a new version of the QC35 a few weeks ago - those with serial numbers ending in "AZ".  They just continued to call the product a QC35ii (instead of perhaps a QC35iii).  This is one of the products that will be supporting their 3D sound functionality (the QC35ii with the suffix "AE" will not).  So that is your new product, I guess.  What we now call the "Q45" is likely in my estimation to be part of a series of new Bose products which will among other things include support for Bluetooth 5.x.  I would guess they want it out for the holiday buying so the products will likely be announced in the June to Sept. timeframe.

Berfo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019