joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose Qc45 Release Date

1. I see nothing on the Bose site that described what the advantages are for having BT 5.x instead of 4.x (when it communicates with a BT 5.x phone/device).  Does it take advantage of the BT 5.x improvements?

2. I still am waiting to find out whether it's "Off" is totally off (as is the Qc35ii) or whether it's OFF puts it into BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) mode (like the Revolve).

Prestonee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

A little off topic but the true wireless with ANC 700s.. will this be the first true wireless with anc built in? Cant find any others on market.
Hbruce
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 28, 2019

@m10g09

"performance that gets even better" can only mean one thing the gimmick "AI" which analysis the environment for better NC. The new Jabra headphones have that. But based on reviews it's just a gimmick. Nowadays, everyone is trying to sell their AI.. but in reality they are light years behind of what they can deliver.
mreloc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2019

The first reviews I've come across. Don't cover every aspect enough for me, but it's a good start and reassured me that my decision to pull the trigger on these was probably a good one. Hopefully there'll be more reviews soon. https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/05/bose-noise-cancelling-headphones-700-hands-on/

and https://www.cnet.com/news/hands-on-with-boses-new-noise-cancelling-headphones-700/

harrygrewal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2019

Good read.

One thing to notice at the bottom of the article is 

"If you still prefer the look of the QuietComfort 35 IIs, or you don't care to have the features the 700s have to offer, don't worry because those aren't going anywhere. But, if you are feeling the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, Bose will be launching them on June 30th for $399,"

joe23
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

then i wish they release qc45 this year
Techn
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 15, 2019

Unfortunately I don't think Bose is ever going to support AptX with these headphones. With their support of AAC they are aiming these at high spending apples users, amongst others.

Anyone know of any other similarly comfortable headphones that support AptX for low latency media use?

Hbruce
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Sony 1000-mx3 supports Aptx, Aptx HD, etc.
Techn
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 15, 2019

Good shout, didn't realise they had those codecs. I've heard they're not comfortable with extended use though, and I've got pretty big lugs 🙂

Saying that though I just found out from Samsung that my TV is only using bluetooth 2 so probably isn't using AptX LL that my cheap August headphones support. Yet I don't experience any latency so maybe the TV is doing some post processing. Tempted to test some QC 35's when the price drops on the 700's release.

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I was at the only remaining Bose store in Houston (Cypress outlets).  The store had one customer.  Four Bose employees.  They did not have a 700 demo to show and said they won't get one until they ship.  They said they think, Best Buy could have demo products.  Sad....  (What a contrast to walking into an Apple store).  I suspect that the remaining Bose store in Houston will close by end of 2019.