Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Re: Bose Qc45 Release Date

Suggestions for QC45: Keep the buttons from QC35ii. Keep the same material for headband cushion. Keep the same size,material and cushy feel for the ear cups as QC35ii. Flat clicky/ratcheting headband vesus round headband with no feedback when adjusting. Maintain the fold to pack packing headband profile of QC35ii.

Make the ear cups rotate inward so that it can be rested around the neck when not in use.

Maintain the same weight as QC35ii. Who wants to carry more weight on their head?

Incorporate USB-C and any improvments in battery life and noise cancellation and call quality.

That is it.

(https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Tested-out-the-700-at-BB-and-feedback-Sounds-...)

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

The 700 is the new QC45

It has all those features you mentioned including USB-C ?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Wrong the nc 700 is a different version, if it was the qc45 it would ve got that name, but Bose said that the nc 700 is not the qc45 so we are gonna see the qc45 soon don't know when but I wish soon cause I'm done waiting
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

@honglong1976 wrote:

The 700 is the new QC45

It has all those features you mentioned including USB-C ?

no it does not. The new 700 series are far from QC35. 

Real buttons are missing

Headband is missing

It aint foldable. 

Most of the 700 series are less than QC35 (I or II)

Only benefits are ? Better ANC and USB-C.

Disadvantage 700: Terrible looking design - Not Foldable - stupid TOUCH controls (which should be banned for things you cant see while trying to control them) 

Many of us wants a QC35 (QC45?) - just as QC35 is - with the ANC and USB-C from the 700 series. Thats it - nothing fancy.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

The way I see it, at least for now without any real life experience, 700 series is ideal for office space.  For commuting I would argue QC is better, but it remains to be seen based on real reviews, touch and feel.  While there is huge departure between 700 and what would be QC45 based on wishes, popularily of line/design and feel that QC had so far might simply result in QC45 down the road.  If so, Bose certainly won't tell us since that might kill potential volume of 700 buyers and would also reveal their roadmap to others (for example, Bose might position 700 in totally new space and that way avoid comparison with other vendors while battle in that field will be left to QC45 - just a potential development of things).

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Bose is going for the instagram and youtube influencer crowd at the expense of their loyal users. The shiny Beats headhphones crowd with messenger bags and all.  Bose is looking for people to show off these headphones with the current design. We are seeing cheesy instagram and facebook videos of the creation process of the Bose 700. Expect to see life story clips of the new NEW Bose 700 use and maybe even their designers and engineers.

QC35ii is the truly functional utilitiatarin device with understated looks and excellent ergonomics (except that it also rotates outwards so you cannot rest it around your neck). Looks like that is all gone.

Idea: Split the line up. One for the lifestyle demographics. Like the ones who are on instagram and snapchat all day who wants hole punch on their phone screens and no buttons or bezels. Add a lot of colors options to these. Add more weight for the sake of it. Bose 700 should go this route. Call it the Bose Social or Bose Vanity line up.

Another for the office and business user and for those who don't like to show off: Continue with the QC line up and bring out the QC45 or whatnot with enhancements in technology. Call it the Bose Professional or Bose Solitude line up. And be done with it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

I absolutely love my QC35. I got them the first month they came out and have used them literally every day. The headphones comfortability is second to none and the sound/noice cancelation is just phenomenal.

I tried the NCH 700 for a month and I agree that the sound & noise cancelation surpass the QC35, but not by that much. Just more so like "yeah it's better, but it feels like a slight improvement. Not too major." However the QC35 are still hands down the most comfortable headphones around. The weight difference, even though minor, between the NCH 700 and QC35 don't seem like much on paper, but trust me your head will feel the difference. This was the deal breaker for me and why I returned the NCH 700's.

The QC35 just did comfort right. I know they already announced that the NCH 700 is the successor to the QC35, but gosh darn I hope Bose secretly backtracks that statement and releases the QC45's. Especially if it ends up being a lighter weight then the QC35's. An instant buy from me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

It is pity Bose didn't update QC line.  My gf, who was looking for next headphones and after testing current options went for PXC 550-II.  Difference between v1 and v2 was updated codecs, BT and perhaps some cosmetic things (it still kept mini usb doh), but that was enough to win her over after sound was compared.  If Bose would update codes, BT and charger port - for me that would be enough to spark interest.  700 series, at least when I tested it, didn't had expected comfort for me so I'm not so much into those.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

Yes, it is a shame.  However, it appears the primary purpose for the 700 series was to improve quality of telephone communications.  Clearly not enough bang for the buck if you already have either QC35.

It really seems they lost sight of, or simply couldn’t improve either the sound or noise cancellation.  These are for new customers they are not for those looking for improvements.  Be happy with anything 

from the QC line and drop the $$ into savings.