Highlighted
ofrede
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Series II keeps disconnecting

After the latest firmware update my headphones have started disconnecting/reconnecting by itself.

The problem occurs most often when using them on my pc, but also sometimes when using on iPhone 7 (iOS 12.4.1).

I have tried removing all devices by holding the switch 10 seconds. Then removing the headphones from my pc and iphone and reconnect it again. No matter if I only have one device connected or more, it continues disconnecting/reconnecting.

If I had the possibility to remove the startup-message (x % battery, connected to device y) I would probably just hear it as a small fall-out in the streaming (annoying but something I can live with). But now I have to wait several seconds before the sound continues streaming.

Please advice what I can do to fix the problem.

Regards

Ole

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Series II keeps disconnecting

Hello Ole,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about your recent connectivity issues with your Quiet Comfort 35 II headphones. 

You've already taken a great step by clearing the pairing list. Was the update installed through the Bose Connect app or via our online updater? If the app, please visit btu.bose.com on your computer and ensure that the update was installed without any errors. 

I'd also suggest resetting your headphones. Please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the headphones and wait 30 seconds

2. Plug the headphones into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

3. Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute

4. Turn on the headphones

Once you have performed these steps, please get back to me and let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

ofrede
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Hi again and thank you for your swift reply,

Have performed the below steps but tonight I once more experienced a sudden turn off/on.

Any other advices?

Best regards

Ole

Hi Ole,

Sorry to hear that the issue persists. When you say that they suddenly turn off/on, do you mean the power, or is this the audio?

I'd also recommend that you ensure the headphones are running the latest firmware. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer.

Please let me know the outcome of this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

ofrede
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Hi,

I did did update using the link below. So firmware is up-to-date. 

And besides from just just suddenly a short drop-out in sound (which I didn’t complain about - probably because of lots of interference from pc etc) it also turns off/on again, saying the battery level and which devises it’s connected to. 

Please advise. 

Hey ofrede, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this! Sorry to hear that the issue still persists after the steps that we have recommended above. 

As we have now exhausted all of the troubleshooting that we would recommend for an issue like this, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Sorry that this wasn't something that we were able to resolve for you via the community, if you have any issues reaching the team please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B