NormalMan
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Bose Quiet comfort 35 ii doesn't show up on "add Bluetooth devices"

My Bose QC 35 ii won't show up on the "Add Bluetooth devices" list. The headphones connected just fine to my phone and I wanted to add my computer to the list of devices it could connect to. I have up to date drivers and software on both my computer and headphones. My PC has Bluetooth 4.2 and recognizes other Bluetooth devices. But when I click "Add Bluetooth or other device">"Bluetooth", the Bose QC 35 ii doesn't show up on the list of devices i can connect to. My headphones are in pairing mode, and i even tried it after removing it from my phone.

I don't know what to do. 

17 REPLIES 17
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Quiet comfort 35 ii doesn't show up on "add Bluetooth devices"

Hi NormalMan, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are unable to connect your QuietComfort 35 II headphones to your computer. 

What computer are you attempting to connect to and what is its software version? 

I would firstly recommend that you clear the Bluetooth list of your headphones. This can be performed by the following instructions;

• Power on your headset
  • Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
forrestberg
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

I am having the same problem. I am extremely upset about it because when I pay a premium price, I expect a premium product. 

I am running a freshly installed version of Windows 10 with all up to date drivers. My headphones will work when connected through aux cord, but will not show up when connecting through bluetooth. I have cleared device list. I have reset the headphones. The headphones have the most recent updates.

Occasionally 'LE Bose Headphones will show up', but connecting to those does nothing. 

Again, I am EXTREMELY disappointed with my Bose product, but am hopeful that this problem can be resolved.

Vicky_W

Hey forrestberg, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I would love to help, the troubleshooting you have tried so far is great. Does this happen with all devices or just your laptop? Also, when did this start happening or are your headphones brand new?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
johngraham78
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

I too am having this problem and cannot resolve it. Nothing is showing up in my bluetooth list. Just updated the latest firmware for my device, and ran windows 10 updates last night too. Nothing

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@johngraham78(I do not work for Bose).  Bluetooth (BT) is a two way communication and for the situation you have described, from the Bose end, the only option you have is putting the QC35ii into pairing mode.  More than likely, if you try doing a pairing with your phone, it will probably imho work.

The problem/issue is on the PC/Laptop end.  Your manufacturer does not make the bluetooth chipset and firmware.  For example, on my Dell laptop, the combined wifi/BT mini card is made by Intel.  In most situations, you would get your BT driver support from say, the Dell site.  But to troubleshoot here, you would go to the BT manufacturer site and get the most updated BT drivers.  Then uninstall the drivers and install the ones you just got.

If that does not help, you may want to try older drivers from the same site, or find out if there is a 'conflict' between the drivers and one of the windows updates.  You can uninstall all the updates say back a year or so and if that does not help, go ahead and reinstall them.

The PC/laptop maker like Dell will probably say to reinstall windows from scratch to see if that helps.  I find that somewhat 'extreme' (as it requires much time to re-customize and reinstall the apps assuming it even helps).  Otherwise, unless you have an 'image backup' to restore, this could become a big waste of time as a troubleshooting step.

Your last option is to totally disable the BT hardware and purchase a BT USB dongle.  I would recommend anything using the "CSR Harmony" drivers.  I had problems with my Dell not recognizing any of my Bose products and ended up using an SMK Nano dongle.

johngraham78
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Thanks! I will try out those options

sganugpat
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Bose QC35 II not connecting to my windows PC windows 10

please help. I am very disappointed. 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@sganugpatIf you go through all the troubleshooting by reinitializing your QC35ii to factory settings and removing ALL BT connected devices from your Win10 machine (even the non-Bose ones), and then re-pair and still don't see the QC35ii, then look at my response in 'message 6' above.

forrestberg
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

Vicky,

Thank you for getting back to me, I did not see your reply until just now. 

My qcii's connect as normal to my iphone, and my older macbook. It is with my desktop computer that the problems are occurring. They connected well to it for a year - occasionally an odd static would build, but a factory reset would always fix the issue. In August 2020 they suddenly stopped appearing, except sporadically as the 'LE Bose' version, which would occasionally successfully pair but would never function in the slightest.