Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cathall95
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2021

Bose Quiet comfort 35 || no longer connecting to my phone

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name 

Quiet Comfort 35 ||

Country

Ireland

Firmware Version

Whatever the latest is

App Version

Whatever the latest is

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Huawei P30 Pro

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Yesterday my headphones stopped connecting to my phone. It still connects to my laptops but no longer for my phone. I have tried connecting through the app and manually and it doesn't work. I get an error message in the app occasionaly saying it can't pair becuase of an incorrect PIN or passkey. I have cleared the bluetooth connections on the headphones. It is running the latest firmware and I have the latest version of the app. I have restarted the headphones and my phone and made sure my phone is updated fully but nothing has worked. It has been working fine on my phone for the last year before this.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Any environment

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Yesterday and yes it worked for a year before this

Any troubleshooting steps you took

The steps I have mentioned above

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Re: Bose Quiet comfort 35 || no longer connecting to my phone

Hey cathall95,

Thank you for reaching out - I'm glad you've enjoyed your headphones so far!

I'm sorry you're having difficulty with the Bluetooth connection to your Huawei phone, but I'd be happy to advise. I appreciate you trying the appropriate troubleshooting steps so far such as resetting, updating your firmware, and clearing the pairing history. If the headphones are connecting fine to your laptop but not your device, we'll have to focus on the headphones to the Huawei connection.

Have there been any recent software updates to your Huawei device? If so, this may have caused some incompatibliies. Have you looked around online or contact Huawei to see if there are any noted Bluetooth issues with the latest iteration of software?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose Quiet comfort 35 || no longer connecting to my phone

@cathall95(I do not work for Bose)

For completeness, completely unpair everything from your phone and then reboot/restart it.  Then unpair everything from the QC35 and then repair it.

It used to work and now it doesn't. If it was happening to me, I would be looking for what has changed and assume the lowest probability/likely event is a hardware issue.

(btw - try connecting in a different location such as outside)