jfacao
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Bose® QuietComfort® 25

Hello,
I have a Bose® QuietComfort® 25 headphones with an iPhone compatible cable. I would like to connect the headphones to an old PC (Windows 7) and keep the microphone function.
However, I can't, I have already acquired a Y cable to separate the loudspeaker and microphone signal, but only the loudspeaker signal is transmitted.
The same goes for an external sound card via USB connection and also using the Y cable.
A a cable compatible with Samsung / Android solve this problem?
This problem does not exist in newer computers that transmit both signals through the single input.
I already thought about purchasing another sound card without the need for a Y cable like the following one, but I would like to know your opinion:
Greetings and thank you for your help,
Jorge Facão
2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_G

Re: Bose® QuietComfort® 25

Hello jfacao, 

Thanks for posting!

Providing the computer features a combo headphone/microphone minijack port, you will be able to use the Samsung/Android version of the cable to connect. 

The Y-cable solution may not work as it may not feature the correct pins to accept microphone/in-line control data. My post here details the difference between Made for iPhone jack connectors and Made for Samsung/Android connectors. 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jfacao
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Re: Bose® QuietComfort® 25

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Why does the iPhone compatible cable works in new computers? I have a Lenovo desktop and it works fine. From you message I thought it only worked on an Apple devices.

Please confirm that Samsung compatible cable with Y cable will works fine in old laptops with two ports (mic and audio).

BR,

Jorge Facão