Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Bose QuietComfort 35 II continually disconnects and reconnects

My Bose QuietComfort 35 ii are, at semi-regular intervals, restarting on their own. This occurs when listening to music, conducting phone calls or using noise cancellation. When this occurs, I hear the noise cancellation turn off, turn back on, and then I get the battery status messaging. Music is paused and must be restarted.

I have gone through the following reset procedure with no change: 

• Power off your headphones.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Connect your headphones to a wall outlet using a USB charger.
  • Wait five seconds.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset.
  • Wait one minute.
  • Power on your headphones.

I have searched the forums and have found no new information from similar situations. Would appreciate some help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35 II continually disconnects and reconnects

Author Accepted Answer selected by stonecoldshoggoth

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I would recommend updating the firmware of the headphones. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE on a laptop or PV and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi @stonecoldshoggoth,

That's quite unusual! But I appreciate you letting me know the troubleshooting you've tried so far.

What device are you using with your headphones when you encounter these issues? Have you ever encountered these issues when using Bluetooth headphones before? Also, have you tried connecting the headphones to a different device to test if this issue persists?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I'm experiencing this behavior when connected to any device (I've tested on a Windows 10 PC, a MacBook Pro, and an Apple iPhone SE (second gen).

With all devices the headphones go through this cycle of restarts.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by stonecoldshoggoth

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I would recommend updating the firmware of the headphones. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE on a laptop or PV and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how it goes! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

That did the trick -- oddly I had tried to update with the Bose iphone app and it said I was up-to-date, but the PC updater seems to have upgraded my firmware successfully.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

I have a pair of QC 35 II that i have since April 2018. All software is current.

My problem is the headphones keep disconnecting and reconnecting randomly. The problem first occured when on a Teams meeting  2 weeks ago and now is constant. 

The the headphones now keep power cycling and reconecting to the laptop and iphone randomly.

The problem has only stated in the last two weeks and seems to happen more frequently when connected to my laptop (Dell).