Highlighted
Paul Slauenwhite
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

Bose QuietComfort 35 II continually reconnects

I recently purchased a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 II (date of manufacturing: April 19, 2019) and they work great on my Macbook and iPhone except they continually reconnect.  After listening for a period of time (e.g. 1 hour), they will disconnect and reconnect (giving the the battery amount remaining and reconnecting to the device).  This causes the current song to pause, requiring a manual restart.

I'm at the point that if I can't get this fixed, I'm moving to a new brand/model.

The firmware is 4.5.2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35 II continually reconnects

Author Accepted Answer selected by Paul Slauenwhite

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

Thank you for this information. I would suggest reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to assist you!

If there is anything else we can do for you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hi Paul Slauenwhite,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your headphones disconnecting and I would be happy to help with this.

To clarify this, is the amount of time always the same before the disconnection happens, or does it seem to be random?

Also, do you find this only happens when connected to both devices, or will it also do this with only one device connected at a time as well?

The first thing I would recommend trying is a reset of your headphones. To do this you would want to:

• Power off your headphones.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Connect your headphones to a wall outlet using a USB charger.
  • Wait five seconds.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset.
  • Wait one minute.
  • Power on your headphones.

It would also be a good idea to try clearing the pairing between the headphones, and your phone and laptop, and setting up a fresh connection. To clear the pairing on you headphones, you just need to turn your headphones on, the slide the power switch to the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear a notification.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Paul Slauenwhite
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

Thanks for your response.

The disconnect/reconnect time is generally consistent (mind you, I haver never timed it) and frequent (~30 minutes).  I've since stop connecting to my Mac book and only use my phone (only connected device) but the problem is still reproducible. 

Unfortunately, your solutions did not resolve the symptom.

Paul

Highlighted

Hi Paul, 

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting you have tried has not resolved the issue. 

Do you experience the same issue when any other product other than your phone?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Paul Slauenwhite
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

No.  I have a pair of Jabra Elite Active 65t wireless headphones for the gym that work with no issues.  Also, I have been using my son's Solo3 wireless headphones without issues.  Not as good sound with no noise cancelation but at least they stay connected.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Paul Slauenwhite

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

Thank you for this information. I would suggest reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to assist you!

Kindest,

Jessie O

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Paul Slauenwhite
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

I LINK HERE is not clickable.  Where is the link?

Highlighted

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for letting me know the link wasn't working. I have now rectified this. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Highlighted
Paul Slauenwhite
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

Thanks @Jessie_O.  A new pair is on its way!