Intensive_med
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Bose QuietComfort 35 II keeps disconnecting/connecting to macOS Catalina

Hi, 

Since updating my MacBook Pro two weeks ago to macOS Catalina, my Bose QuietComfort 35II keeps disconnecting after a short while from my Mac. I have tried to unpair/pair the headphones several times, with no improvement. This problem does not happen when connecting my Bose to my phone, and it did not happen before the update to Catalina. 

What could I do to improve the stability of the Bluetooth connection? 

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35 II keeps disconnecting/connecting to macOS Catalina

Author Accepted Answer selected by Intensive_med

Hi Intensive_med,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with Bluetooth connectivity on your QC35 II since upgrading to Catalina. Let me see what I can do to assist you!

I would suggest removing the pairing on your MacBook Pro as well as the headphones when you re-pair. If this is unsuccessful, I would suggest making sure you have updated the headphones to the most recent firmware. To do this, head to the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and follow the on-screen instructions. Once complete, try pairing again.

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Intensive_med

Hi Intensive_med,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with Bluetooth connectivity on your QC35 II since upgrading to Catalina. Let me see what I can do to assist you!

I would suggest removing the pairing on your MacBook Pro as well as the headphones when you re-pair. If this is unsuccessful, I would suggest making sure you have updated the headphones to the most recent firmware. To do this, head to the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and follow the on-screen instructions. Once complete, try pairing again.

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Intensive_med
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hi Jessie O, 

Thank you for your help!! I've now updated the headphones to the most recent firmware on my laptop with the link you provided, and so far it works well! 

Best wishes,

Intensive_med

Highlighted
Intensive_med
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Sadly, it did work for a day but it is happening again today (the headphones keep disconnecting after a short while). I have yet again unpaired the headphones and launched the Bose updater, but it's not solving the issue. This did not happen before upgrading to Catalina.

Any other things I could try?

Many thanks. 

Highlighted

Hello Intensive_med, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this! Sorry to hear that the issue has returned, let's try some other troubleshooting methods. 

Firstly, can you please let me know if any other Bluetooth devices have issues connecting to the Mac? Another thing that I have seen resolve this is toggling the Bluetooth on and off of the Mac to establish a fresh connection. 

Let's also reset the headset by following these steps listed below: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

These steps should resolve this issue for you, if they don't please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Intensive_med
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Thank you so much Hector B!

I don't have any other Bluetooth devices so I can't answer that question, but all I know is that this did not happen before the update so I'm thinking that it may have something to do with Catalina? But maybe I'm wrong.  I connect the headphones to my phone without any issues (Android).

I've already turned the Bluetooth on and off (several times) - unfortunately it doesn't solve the issue. 

I'm keen to try to reset my headphones, but how do I connect them to a "wall outlet using a USB charger"? I don't have a USB charger for these headphones (only a USB charger for my phone). Would that be valid? 

Many thanks for your help - greatly appreciated!!

Highlighted

Hey Intensive_med, 

Thank you for posting and updating me on this! Sorry to hear that the steps did not resolve this for you. 

I have seen a few people with different Bluetooth devices have issues with Catalina after the update so this could be the route of the issue. 

Yes, the USB charger for your phone will be fine for this! Please do let me know how you get on with the reset. 

Kind regards,

Hector B 

Highlighted
Intensive_med
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Thank you so much Hector B!

I've just done what you suggested regarding reseting the headphones. It works so far ... though the issue doesn't happen straight away, it disconnects after a while and then keeps doing that every couple of minutes ... so I will definitely keep you posted.

Hopefully this will solve the problem 🙂

Thank you again for your quick reply and for helping me trying to solve this problem!

Highlighted
Intensive_med
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hi,

After trying all the solutions you offered (thank you so much!!), it definitely doesn't work. No matter what, after a while the headphones just disconnect from the bluetooth. The only solution I've found is restarting my mac, which is really annoying. I hope Bose/Catalina/Mac/someone find a way around this bluetooth instability ... If you do, please let me know 🙂

Thank you again for your help!

Highlighted
TEHH
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

I'm having exactly the same issue with Bose 35 II disconnecting from my MacBook Air (issue only started after I updated to Catalina) after a few minutes of connection. The headphones work fine connected to every other device. I've done everything in the above thread and the issue persists...