Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Bose QuietComfort 35 II microphone picks up too much background noise

Hi,

I have recently purchased Bose QuietComfort 35 II and found that it picks up a lot of back ground noise. 

I have tried pairing the headphone with android phone, iPhone, and Windows devices and the problem persists in all of them.

I have had people complain that someone is talking very loudly right next to me while that person would literally be 10 feet away and speaking normally. 

How can I fix this? 

Many thanks,

Tayyab

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35 II microphone picks up too much background noise

Hi Tayyab, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. 

I am sorry that you're experiencing some problems with the microphone on your headphones whilst taking calls. 

Does this occur across all devices you connect your headphones too?

How do you tend to take your calls? Is this via a WiFi service such as Facetime or Whatsapp?

Do let us know!

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Hi Tegan,

Yes, it occurs with all the devices I connect to.

I've tried it over Whatsapp calls, regular calls via phone network (vodaphone), a softphone app Bria5, and also just by recording voice on windows voice recorder app.

It just seems like the mic is way too sensitive and picks up noise from distance as well. 
Is there a way we can limit the sensitivity?

Regards,
Tayyab
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

I have two pairs of QC35II and they have always picked up absolutely everything in the background...sometimes the background is heard louder on the other end of my calls than my own voice.  I have had other bose bluetooth devices and they have always done the same thing, I just assumed this was they way things were with bose. I use them for music, not for talking on the phone.  

Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Upon doing bit of research, it seems like this is a very well known problem with Bose headsets. 

Is there an external mouthpiece device that I can attach somehow? 

Thanks,

Tayyab

Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Same issue. I'm working in an open space and if during a call I'm not speaking the mic is sensible enough to take all the neighborhood speakers  as if they are wearing the headset. I'm forced to mute my speaker when not speaking .

Is there a mean to control the mic sensibility ?

Or is there a software update that solve this issue ?

Thank you

JF

Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

I bought my QC 35 II last October and continues to experience the issue everyone here have raised. It is very annoying to myself when people in the other end of the call complain about some much background noise. One would expect a better quality product from a company like Bose.

Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

My wife gave me these headphones for Xmas, and in the last month or so, the mic picks up more noise in the background.  I've had to mute myself on the calls. 

What broke?  

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your QC35 II's. I'll do my best to help!

I would recommend that you update the firmware of the headphones. You can do this by clicking on the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Hi

The update won't help. The other side in the call allways hears the background noise louder than it is in reality and so do I on the headphones. This is very disappointing as it makes the QC35II completely unsuitable for calls IF there is any noise besides your voice. Switching off NC doesn't change anything. As soon as it goes in call mode even the lowest noise in the background is amplified way too much. WOW this is soo disappointing for a headset with this price.