Highlighted
Digit
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Bose QuietComfort 35 II not working with oneplus 6T

When my headphones (Bose QuietComfort 35 II) connect to my oneplus 6t they'll play music for like 10 seconds and get I get a voice prompt saying "OnePlus 6T lost."  and reconnects after a few seconds then cycles again. Headphones had been working fine until a few days ago. Here is a list of things I have tried:

• Clearing all bluetooth devices (holding slider for 10 seconds)
  • Unpairing and re-pairing headphones
  • Resetting OnePlus 6T
  • Updated headphones to latest firmware
  • Clearing bluetooth cache on my phone

After all those attempts the problem still persists. Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Simon88
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35 II not working with oneplus 6T

Author Accepted Answer selected by Digit

Apparently the one plus range is struggling to connect properly to bluetooth devices. I've seen one option where someone has reset there phone and it's worked. I've seen there gonna release a patch or firmware update to fix it!! 

8 REPLIES 8

Hello Digit,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some co0nnectivity problems with your QC35 II's. I'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Have you tried connecting your headphones to an alternative device at all? This will indicate if the headphones having a Bluetooth connectivity problem. 

I'd also recommend that you reset the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Turn off the headphones and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headphones into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headphones

Let me know how this goes.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Digit
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Hey Charlotte,

I connected the headphones to my PC and they worked perfectly. I also connected another pair of headphones to my oneplus 6T which also worked fine. I also attempted to reset the headphones, but the issue is still there.

Thanks,

Digit

Hello Digit,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I understand that this must be frustrating for you as the reset did not work. After doing some research it appears that the OnePlus 6T has it's Bluetooth Codec as aptX which is not supported by the QuietComfort35 II headphones. Not to worry you can change the Bluetooth Codec of the device, the profiles that the QC35 II headphones are compatible with are HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP and BLE. 

I have found an article on changing Bluetooth Codec of Android phones that you might find useful HERE.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kidest Regards,

Zoe C 

Digit
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Hey Zoe,

I checked my settings. My Bluetooth AVRCP verison is AVRCP 1.4. The actual Bluetooth codec sets by default to SBC. It seems that only SBC and AAC codecs are supported by the QC 35 II as outlined in THIS post. I have tried both codecs; however the issue is ongoing. In addition I have found out that the issue only occurs when I start to play something. So if I just connect my headphones to my phone, the connection is good until I begin to play something at which point it disconnects and reconnects after a few seconds.

Thanks,

Digit

Hello Digit,

Thanks for getting back to me. That is very strange that you are unable to hold the Bluetooth connection, I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing list. 

Clear the headphones' pairing list:

1. Power on the headphones
  2. Slide and hold the Power button toward the Bluetooth icon for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  3. Remove your headphones from your device's Bluetooth list. This is typically done by selecting your headphones in the device's Settings Bluetooth list and selecting "Forget," "Unpair," or "Remove"
  4. Your headphones are now "Ready to pair" to your device. Go to your device's Bluetooth settings and select your headphones as a new device

My apologies just for clarity, the Bluetooth Codecs that are currently supported by the QuietComfort35 II headphones are SBC and AAC and the supported pairing profiles are HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP and BLE. 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Digit
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Hey Zoe,

I had already attempted that solution; however I just gave it another try with no luck. Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,

Digit

Simon88
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Digit

Apparently the one plus range is struggling to connect properly to bluetooth devices. I've seen one option where someone has reset there phone and it's worked. I've seen there gonna release a patch or firmware update to fix it!! 

Digit
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Just tried. Resetting my phone, did not help either 😞 Thanks for the advice though!

EDIT: Restarted my phone after the reset. Not sure if it was the reset or what fixed it, but now it's working! Only weird thing is that now instead of reading it as OnePlus 6T, it says "Connected to O N E..." it says each letter individually, but I'm okay with that 🙂