Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2 Headphones Disconnect Bluetooth when announcing Battery status

While videoconferencing (Zoom) my headphones drop connection to my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) routinely. This is extremely interruptive to meeting, especially if I'm speaking and I'm likely going to discontinue headphones use until there's a resolution.

The problem repeatably arises whenever the Bose Headphone announce battery status (e.g. "90 percent battery remaining").

Side note: I would prefer zero off batter announcements. Ideally one at 10% would be sufficient. (who cares if my battery is at 90% vs 80%)

I've also seen disconnects in other circumstances and to avoid interruption I have turned off Bluetooth on my phone to avoid contention/priority issues. Disconnects are regular and I've seen an uptick recently. I've had the headphones for about 18 months and performance is not what it once was. There's definitely a regression happening and signs point to Bose because I've seen disconnects highly correlated with the battery status announcement.

Firmware Version 4.5.2

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4