Highlighted
SoltanXodus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Bose QuietComfort 35 ii - Only handfree (voice) connects to windows 10, works on other devices

Hello,

2 days ago I discovered that I wasn't able to get sound on my headphones, when I checked the bluetooth manager on my PC I noticed that the volume wouln't connect, it only showed voice connected.  I tried to connect to my phone and the volume works fine there.  

When I turn off the Headphones I can see in the bluetooth manager it says driver error.  After seeing this I tried to update my drivers on my headphones without any result (Currently have 3.0.3).  

I tried to hold down the powerbutton for 10seconds to remove all devices and remove all devices from my laptop plus reboot and it didn't work.  

I can force sound on my headphones by going to sound control panel and make it my deafault device but all that does it enable lower quality voice volume.  No matter what I do I can't get the higher quality volume to work on my headphones, I feel like I have tried everything now.  

To recap what I have done so far:

• Hold down power button for 10 seconds and remove all listed devices saved on Bose QuietComfort 35 ii
  • Remove all devices in device manager (even uninstalled bluetooth, windows reinstalls it on reboot)
  • Updated to latest drivers and repeat step 1 and 2 above (i.e remove all devices from headphones list and PC)
  • Tried to check if there were any bluetooth driver updates available.
  • Searched desperately all over the internet in hope for solution for 1.5 - 2h

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

When it is connected

https://imgur.com/vRukCvb

When I turn off the headphones (It shows driver error)

https://imgur.com/g5VE3DQ

My Device manager

https://imgur.com/FI1X7gZ

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please help! 😞

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35 ii - Only handfree (voice) connects to windows 10, works on other devices

Hi there @SoltanXodus and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you've had with your QC35 II headset and would be happy to look into this for you.

It looks like you've done some extensive troubleshooting here already, and thank you for the information you have provided.

If you haven't done so already, I would advise that you have a look through this thread when you have the time, which collates a lot of information together about the use of our products with computers and Windows devices. Some of the steps from here you have already tried (such as checking the drivers, updating your headset, clearing the Bluetooth list) but there are still some steps from there that I would suggest you do, such as going to the Bluetooth settings and selecting the HandsFree profile directly.

Following this, I would advise that you check if this is the same for a non-windows device, such as a phone. If this is of a poor quality for both devices, I would advise reaching out to support directly for assistance/service.

If you're still having issues here, please get back to me with the following if possible:

1) Is this a new issue, or have you always had this audio issue with your computer?

2) Do you know what version of Bluetooth your computer is running?

3) What make/model of computer is being used, and can I ask what version of Windows 10 this is running?

I look forward to hearing back from you or other users!

Liam W - Community Support

SoltanXodus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35 ii - Only handfree (voice) connects to windows 10, works on other devices

Thank you for the reply.

I decided to wait for a windows update after reading what you linked me and now that the windows update has been released it now works. 🙂

For reference, I'm now using this version of windows ( it doesn't say anything about BT though 😞

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4515384/windows-10-update-kb4515384

Cheers!