Bose QuietComfort 35 ii - Only handfree (voice) connects to windows 10, works on other devices
2 days ago I discovered that I wasn't able to get sound on my headphones, when I checked the bluetooth manager on my PC I noticed that the volume wouln't connect, it only showed voice connected. I tried to connect to my phone and the volume works fine there.
When I turn off the Headphones I can see in the bluetooth manager it says driver error. After seeing this I tried to update my drivers on my headphones without any result (Currently have 3.0.3).
I tried to hold down the powerbutton for 10seconds to remove all devices and remove all devices from my laptop plus reboot and it didn't work.
I can force sound on my headphones by going to sound control panel and make it my deafault device but all that does it enable lower quality voice volume. No matter what I do I can't get the higher quality volume to work on my headphones, I feel like I have tried everything now.
To recap what I have done so far:
- Hold down power button for 10 seconds and remove all listed devices saved on Bose QuietComfort 35 ii
- Remove all devices in device manager (even uninstalled bluetooth, windows reinstalls it on reboot)
- Updated to latest drivers and repeat step 1 and 2 above (i.e remove all devices from headphones list and PC)
- Tried to check if there were any bluetooth driver updates available.
- Searched desperately all over the internet in hope for solution for 1.5 - 2h
When it is connected
When I turn off the headphones (It shows driver error)
My Device manager
Please help! 😞