Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Bose QuietComfort 35 isn't detected from my iMac anymore.

Okay this is strange.  

I was using these with my imac for months and now they won't connect to my iMac with Mojave.

- Other bluetooth things can connect to the imac (keyboard, speaker)

- Other devices can connect to the headphones with bluetooth (iphone)

Other clues,

- when I flip the switch to make it discoverable again I see a little thinking wheel start moving on the imac's bluetooth menu.  It's can feel the bluetooth vibes from the headphones, it's just not liking the vibes.  Recognizing the vibes?  And how did this just change?  How could it suddenly forget how to do this?

I've also done:

- restart the mac

- reset the bluetooth module in the mac in the debug menu then restarted

- reset all apple devices to factory, +forget all bluetooth devices then restarted.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35 isn't detected from my iMac anymore.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello nosurprises, 

I am sorry that your headphones are suddenly no longer connecting to your MacBook. I would love to help. 

Have you recently updated the software of your computer? Is this once this issue occurred?

I would also suggest in clearing the Bluetooth devices from your headphones. 

• Power on your headset
  • Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

I would also suggest removing the headphones from your computers paired devices list also before re-connecting. 

Do let us know if this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello nosurprises, 

I am sorry that your headphones are suddenly no longer connecting to your MacBook. I would love to help. 

Have you recently updated the software of your computer? Is this once this issue occurred?

I would also suggest in clearing the Bluetooth devices from your headphones. 

• Power on your headset
  • Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

I would also suggest removing the headphones from your computers paired devices list also before re-connecting. 

Do let us know if this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Sliding the power switch for 10 seconds worked.

Thanks!