Highlighted
Gofish2day
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Bose QuietComfort 35II - Plug in cord for sound - problems

I purchased these about 1.5 years ago now and used them 3 times all for airplane trips to drown out the noise and watch vids.

I use the plug in cord for sound. On the second trip I noticed problems and switched to bluetooth. But you cannot connect to the seat video with bluetooth and need the cord. Anyone else experiance this problem. The cord sound does not work.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35II - Plug in cord for sound - problems

Hello Gofish2day, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with the audio cable.

Could you please confirm if the cable is working in general, with devices such as your computer? 

Additionally, are you using the adapter?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Gofish2day
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

I have plugged the cable into my Ipad and the Airplane plug. Both have had the same problem. You can hear the audio on one ear only or if you move the plug you can hear both ears but garggled sound. Move the plug at the head phones and you get sound problems. You cannot move the plug and get 100% sound in any position.

When I purchased these I saw someone complaining about this exact item.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hey Gofish2day, 

Thanks for replying so quickly. 

Could you please try the following for me as I have seen these steps work for numerous people in the past: 

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on. 

After that, I would advise cleaning both ends of the cable to ensure that the ports are free of debris and if the issue still persists, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. It may be that you need a new cable for your headset. You can reach your local team by clicking this link here: https://bose.life/2f4nJid, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.