Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Bose QuietComfort I Beeping

Hi, 

I've had my Quiet Comfort 35 (series 1) for quite some time; I bought them from an old friend who didn't want them anymore. For ~1.5 years, these used headphones have been working great but in the past few days, I've been having some issues. 

There is non-stop beeping when I try to connect to my phone. 

It says it's connected (and you can see the icon on the top right of my iPhone screen) but sound doesn't travel. After connecting, it immediately starts beeping. 

This doesn't stop unless you flick the "on" switch again. 

Though the beeping is able to come to a stop, no sound comes through. 
I've tried resetting the Bose headphones by holding onto the "on" switch to erase all connected devices, but it doesn't work. After 30 seconds of holding it, nothing changes. 

(Also, this happens when it's on full-battery as well).

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose QuietComfort I Beeping

Hello Dee.Ngn, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! Sorry to read that you are having some strange beeping issues with your headset. 

We appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far and would highly recommend that we perform a standard reset on the headphones by following these steps below:

• Power off your product
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  • Wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  • Wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

The reason that I have asked you to do this is, the reset you performed above was to clear the pairing list rather than reset the headset. 

Let's also ensure that your headphones are running the latest software version by connecting them to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

Re: Bose QuietComfort I Beeping

I am having the same problem.  Resetting as describe works for 5 min.  Then the same non-stop beeping returns.  Funny as it seems to be a problem with Spotify and SiriusXM on my iPhone.  Not Netflix on my iPad.