Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Bose Quietcomfort 35 II Crackling Sound

Hi All,

I bought the Bose Quietcomfort 35 II Headphones just recently. Initially, the headphones were working find with my Samsung Edge smartphone as well as Windows 8 laptop; however, off-lately I'm experiencing weird crackling/cluttering noises in the left earpiece. I even tried cleaning the headphones by following the steps mentioned here: https://headphonesproreview.com/how-to-clean-headphones/

but nothing seems to work. Are my headphones damaged/defective by any chance? Please suggest, I'm really unhappy with my purchase.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Quietcomfort 35 II Crackling Sound

Hello Siya4, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are experiencing some strange crackling sounds with your headset. 

Can you please let us know if this issue happens when both devices are connected or one? I would also like to know if the same issue occurs with both a wired or Bluetooth connection. 

I would recommend that we start with performing a reset on the headphones by following these steps below: 

• Power off your product
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  • Wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  • Wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this reset and the information requested above.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!