Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carterbrandon
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2021

Bose Quietcomfort 35 II as laptop headset

I am trying to use my headphones for MS Team calls on a corporate W10 laptop but:

1) If I pair them with Bluetooth, they are only selectable as output speakers, not an input mic.

2) If I use the supplied cable with the laptop's headset audio jack, the laptop continues to use its own mic and speakers. Perhaps this is a block I can fix at the laptop but even if I can, does the cable carry input from the headphones mic at all?

Bose product name: Quietcomfort 35 II

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Bose Quietcomfort 35 II as laptop headset

Author Accepted Answer selected by carterbrandon

Hey carterbrandon,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'd be happy to help with your QC35 setup!

When connected via Bluetooth, the headphones should be able to be used as an audio output and microphone input. Did you check all settings within MS Teams to ensure the headphones were selected for output and input? I use my own QC35 II headphones with a Windows 10 system without issue, but I did have to check all settings were checked when the headphones were connected.

When using the audio cable for connection, you'll hear audio but the microphone will not be enabled. Therefore, this method will not allow you to talk using the headphones, but only listen to call audio.

I'd recommend a product reset, and also clear all pairing history of the headphones and the laptop to help re-establish a fresh connection. Let me know if things improve!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sam_F

Re: Bose Quietcomfort 35 II as laptop headset

Author Accepted Answer selected by carterbrandon

Hey carterbrandon,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'd be happy to help with your QC35 setup!

When connected via Bluetooth, the headphones should be able to be used as an audio output and microphone input. Did you check all settings within MS Teams to ensure the headphones were selected for output and input? I use my own QC35 II headphones with a Windows 10 system without issue, but I did have to check all settings were checked when the headphones were connected.

When using the audio cable for connection, you'll hear audio but the microphone will not be enabled. Therefore, this method will not allow you to talk using the headphones, but only listen to call audio.

I'd recommend a product reset, and also clear all pairing history of the headphones and the laptop to help re-establish a fresh connection. Let me know if things improve!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post