Abbas R
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Bose Quitecomfort 35 ii battery doesn't last more than 10 hours on calls

I have got new QC 35 II a week back for work from home. I am primarily using them for my phone calls using Microsoft Teams app on iPhone 11 . I am connecting to the phone using bluetooth and keeping ANC on high

I am noticing my headphones do not last more than 10 hours when I use them for phone calls. Would like to check if there is a problem with battery. When I switch to low ANC, it last around one hour more but definitely not 20 hours

Appreciate help here to fix this problem. 

4 REPLIES 4
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose Quitecomfort 35 ii battery doesn't last more than 10 hours on calls

Hi Abbas R,

Thank you for posting and joining us in the community!

You are correct, you should be getting up to 20 hours of battery life from your headphones while using them wirelessly. There are a few things that can affect this and reduce the amount of time you get from the battery, like the volume of the audio, and frequent device tones and notification sounds. I would be surprised however if this was reducing the battery life this significantly!

When you are using the headphones, do you have them fully charged before you start using them? When plugged in and fully charged the LED will go solid green rather than blinking amber. If you do not see this light then your headphones will not be fully charged and you will get less time from the battery life. It will only take around 2hrs 15 to fully charge the headphones from flat.

One thing to make sure of when charging them as well is that the charger you are using is rated for 5 V DC, 1 A. If the charger you are using is not compatible with this it may not be charging the headphones correctly.

You can get an official Bose charger that you can use by reaching out to your local support team. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps! Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Abbas R
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Hi Keith,

I am charging using apple's 5v, 1 amp charger. Charging it fully till the LED turns green.

I have realized that the microphone remains on through out the call. This is not the case when you are using only for Music listening. Would this drain battery faster?

Regards,

AR

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey Abbas R - thanks. No, 20 hours includes the possibility of extended use while the microphone is also active. 

How long does the headset last on a normal day when not being used for calling applications, and general music playback? It sounds like there may be a battery fault with your headset, as it isn't providing the expected playtime. In this instance, I invite you to contact Bose support in your region to explore service options. Click HERE, select your location, and use the "Contact us" button at the bottom.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Abbas R
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Tested the headphones for audio only operations today. Battery charge dropped by 10% for 2 hours of operations. This should be 20 hour of runtime, right? 

I also tried this with phone calls. Put the ANC to low and muted the microphone from headphone buttons. Battery charge again dropped only 10% for 2 hours. I guess this is what I need to operate.

I am also little unsure of the app to show battery percentage. it only shows percentage change in multiple of 10s (100, 90, 80,....). So if it is 69%, it shows 60% only. 

Regards,

Abbas